Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wish I could go to SA and check out all the Appisto species in their habitats

Me too! My rank levels went back to normal and I still have another week and a bit before the new fishies arrive! Excited! When they come I'll make sure to get pictures, but whats better to get... 1m 5f, or 2m 4f? These are apistogramma agassizi and will be going in a 33g tank, with just a few tetras and s BnP

Here is my GBRs hiding in the wisteria forest with some corys munching on bloodworms. need to work on my photography.
73646-albums12551-picture57397.jpg

they have spawned 4 times, but the eggs dont last with the corys in there. working on a tank divider for the next spawn and see what happens.

Here is my GBRs hiding in the wisteria forest with some corys munching on bloodworms. need to work on my photography.

they have spawned 4 times, but the eggs dont last with the corys in there. working on a tank divider for the next spawn and see what happens.

Beautiful fish you got there :) my cories ate the eggs when my GBR spawned :(

I've got a trio of apisto trifasciata's, German blue ram females, and some Bolivian ram juveniles.
I'll try to get some pictures up soon. The trifasciata's love to hide and I rarely see them, and the lighting isn't good on the tank I have the GBR's and Bolivians in, but I'll get it figured out soon!

on the last spawn i cut a piece of egg crate to fit in the tank and that worked to keep most of them out, but two of the corys are smaller than the other 6 could just barely squeeze through. then they harass the GBRs so much they freak out and start eating the eggs themselves. Im ready for the next one though as i have attached plastic screen to the egg crate and its fitted tight enough the only way in will be to jump over through the air but there is a lid sooooo....will see what happens, they are due to spawn in a week or so.

I've got a trio of apisto trifasciata's, German blue ram females, and some Bolivian ram juveniles.
I'll try to get some pictures up soon. The trifasciata's love to hide and I rarely see them, and the lighting isn't good on the tank I have the GBR's and Bolivians in, but I'll get it figured out soon!
I love trifasciata very cool apistogramma. Defiantly need some pictures. What are their tank mates?

I love trifasciata very cool apistogramma. Defiantly need some pictures. What are their tank mates?

Here is one of the females (2 females 1 male total) in a sea of MTS! (Ugh, can't get rid of them for the life of me)
They are in a 28 gallon tank with some guppies, Endlers, a single quarter sized angel, baby bristlenose plecos, 4 cory habrosus, and a male betta. (Sounds a bit over stocked but water quality is good and it's not crowded)

I've had this female for about a month now, had a lot of trouble getting a male to arrive alive to me. The first one showed up really sickly looking and was dead the next morning, the 2nd was DOA. Finally I talked the seller into sending me another pair since I that would be my 3rd time paying shipping for them and they both arrived alive thankfully.

I'm not sure if I'll have to remove one of the females eventually, or if they will be able to live together for the rest of their lives, but for now they all get along well from what I see of them. Usually they stay well hidden, like today, couldn't find the other 2 to save my life!

Attachments

• image-1589329027.jpg
    image-1589329027.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 132
Here is one of the females (2 females 1 male total) in a sea of MTS! (Ugh, can't get rid of them for the life of me)
They are in a 28 gallon tank with some guppies, Endlers, a single quarter sized angel, baby bristlenose plecos, 4 cory habrosus, and a male betta. (Sounds a bit over stocked but water quality is good and it's not crowded)

I've had this female for about a month now, had a lot of trouble getting a male to arrive alive to me. The first one showed up really sickly looking and was dead the next morning, the 2nd was DOA. Finally I talked the seller into sending me another pair since I that would be my 3rd time paying shipping for them and they both arrived alive thankfully.

I'm not sure if I'll have to remove one of the females eventually, or if they will be able to live together for the rest of their lives, but for now they all get along well from what I see of them. Usually they stay well hidden, like today, couldn't find the other 2 to save my life!

Very nice looking girl. They should be okay together. I'd be careful with that betta and the angel. Betta may fin nip when the angel gets bigger

I've been some research on exactly what to put into my daughters tank now that I have it back to where I like it. Had a huge algae and bacteria bloom but all back under control. Her and I really like a pair of Kribs or a pair of apistogramma. I have been reading conflicting info that they are ok for her 20 long. I'm used to stocking dwarf cichlids in my 70 which is no issue about tank size.
So as usual when in doubt ask here

Very nice looking girl. They should be okay together. I'd be careful with that betta and the angel. Betta may fin nip when the angel gets bigger

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on them all.
The angel isn't a permanent resident, I just wasn't able to catch him/her when I moved the rest of the group I got with it over to a different tank and figured it'd be okay to leave the loner there for a while since he's still young and the permanent tanks aren't set up yet. Plus the betta is pretty calm, he doesn't bother, or even pay attention to the guppies or long finned pleco babies, so I think the angel will be okay for now. I'm actually more worried about the angel becoming a problem, but luckily this guy is short finned so he's not as appealing as some of my others would be

Got some updated pics of my apistos and some different rams.

image-2029221251.jpg
My male cacatuoides is showing some good color now.

image-3674758667.jpg

Good picture of one of the females.

image-2381810980.jpg

Long fin gold, possibly my favorite ram

image-3833298641.jpg

German male from petsmart

image-1478839433.jpg

Wild female ram, hopefully male is on his way.

image-550008518.jpg

Electric blues are really brightening up

Got some updated pics of my apistos and some different rams.

My male cacatuoides is showing some good color now.

Good picture of one of the females.

Long fin gold, possibly my favorite ram

German male from petsmart

Wild female ram, hopefully male is on his way.

Electric blues are really brightening up

Great looking fish man. That cacatuoides looks great. I would post some updates of mine but the male rarely comes out and the female has been mis for a couple days now.

Back
Top Bottom