Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some August 7th actually. Maybe the 6th

Although our specie doesn't accept no when it comes to breeding lol sometimes the females just do not want to breed, regardless of whether or not the male is ready. No surprise there lol. But yeah if she has no interest that's the individual fish, you could try grabbing some almond leaves that might put her in the mood. Do you use RO?

My kribs bred for the first time and within two days all the eggs had fungus and died off or were eaten. And since then my male has been very pale. Every once in a while he will color up and blush a good bit, but 90% of the time he is very pale. Is this normal?

Water parameters are fine. They are in a 20G tall with 6 pristellas and 3 bronze corys. I am doing a 25% water change tomorrow on it and my mom's 10 gallon so maybe he will perk up.

She's just as beautiful as ever. She has never been anything but that. Even when I had a big bacterial bloom and the ammonia spiked she didn't change at all. He has never had a super red coloration like is see on other males.

Dwarf gourami with dwarf chichlid

You can, I have a flame in my community ram tank and they get along. Sometimes the gourami will chase away a ram or two but nothing threatening or overly aggressive. I think it depends on the individual fish though. Dwarf gouramis tend to be the most peaceful of all gouramis but doesn't mean they won't butt heads with another colorful tank mate.

I have two males a regular dwarf and a flame dwarf with each other in a 20gal . then i will switch to my 29 gal and will try a blue dwarf with my honey sunset dwarf In the 20 gal

I think you'd be okay adding a dwarf cihlid to the 29. I housed gouramis, rams,kribs, and curviceps before I went exclusively rams and everything's was fine

I checked when I got back home and he is colored up again. Hopefully it stays.

Attachments

• image-3077260519.jpg
    image-3077260519.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom