Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool I wasn't going to try for anything under 7 its just to mainly bring the tds down some plus my water at the new place has a lot more silicates than my old house my mbuna tank is going through yet another diatom cycle. And I all of a sudden got like 3 diff kinds of algae in my apistos tank all at once. Having to find that balance all over again sucks. LoL

Won't look like the photo above then... That fish is a. cacatuoides "double red", which is a strain created for the hobby by selective breeding. Wild type cacatuoides will not look like this.

Yeah I know kinda sucks but I do plan on breeding them and eventually work my way up to selective breeding. I do though have a source that breeds full reds though I might have to break down and just get a pair from him for a different tank.

Yea I had city water so I had 0 trate my girlfriend had close to 40!! She had well water. Moral of the story if you want to live in the northwest suburbs of chicago make sure you have city water and something for softer water

I live in Florida and for me it was opposite everything was pretty much the same except the trates in my well are 0 and the city at least in my corner of the swamp where 20+ the well water is a little harder thouh.

Edit: I feel bad for the people with .5+ ammonia and 40+ trates thouh.

My new additions and first dwarf chiclids!!! Fingers crossed they thrive in my care! ☺️

image-3668856821.jpg

Beautiful electric blue rams.

My apistogramma cacatuoides have over 20 fry out of nowhere. Female just reached an inch about a week ago. First time spawn and they are free swimming all looks good for them. The panduro fry have gotten big too.

I dont have a test kit myself but another forum said 350+

Beautiful electric blue rams.

My apistogramma cacatuoides have over 20 fry out of nowhere. Female just reached an inch about a week ago. First time spawn and they are free swimming all looks good for them. The panduro fry have gotten big too.

Holy cow that's some hard water.

Are the fry from the tripple red you posted a picture of last.

Is this a female

Attachments

• image-3490863134.jpg
    image-3490863134.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom