Electric blue rams in a 20gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could put a pair in a 20H, or 2 pairs in a 20L. They are extremely sensitive fish and tend to be very short lived. I used to really like them but have been frustrated with how sensitive they can be.

The electric's are the most sensitive. The regular blue's are real senstive as well. A bolivian would be your best bet, especially if you are buying from a lfs and not a breeder.

And I just found my 4th, and I think final this time, GBR floating. I'm feeling your pain.

What about gold rams jeta? I have a gold and a bolivian that are doing great. I've had the gold the longest. Yet I've heard they are just as sensitive, if not more sensitive, than the blue so I'm always hesitant to recommend them. What's the real deal with them? They don't seem to get as much attention as the other rams but they are beautiful as well.

Same with golds IME. I've only had the golds about half as long as the blues. They don't drop nearly as often, but they still do. It's really annoying because these fish are homebred and not farmed, they were even crossed out and back so the genetics are pretty diverse. They just seem to be really sensitive, they just up and die with no symptoms, no other fish in the tank having any issues, no water quality problems.

Because of that, I am really hesitant to charge the hefty price tag that they command, it just doesn't feel right to me.

In the past year i've just lost pretty much all interest in breeding them because of it. Did I mention they are really crappy parents also? lol.

I have no personal experience with bolivians but if I ever go dwarf cichlid again it will be between those and apistos.

Well phooey. I won't expect much time from my goldie then. Is going rate for an EBR about $30? I think that's what my lfs prices them at.

Apistos are a good idea. Cilantro you might want to look into those as well. ;)

Back
Top Bottom