Good Discus books/resources?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been in love with the discus for ages and I am dreaming of one day geting rid of my apprehension and going for it! :)

But I want to read a lot and learn everything I can about them so I can set up the ideal tank and be prepared with everything I need to know.

So I am wondering if there are any really good books out there that you might suggest as a really good reference??

Also any ideal tank size?

definitely there are books on discus. i have the one by jack wattley (haven't read it much though).
also simplydiscus.com has a great set of articles on their message board.

well this book isnt the "newest" reference but it is a great book that is wonderfull for beggining in the discus keeping hobby..
it is
Discus Health
by Dieter Untergasser
this book is currently on amazon for $27+shipping and on ebay for $8=$1shipping
now that is a GREAT DEAL considering its a $50 book when new...

~I strongly sudjest this book for ANY new discus/angel keeper.
as this book tells about both of these spesies as well as other cichlids

Well I didnt get the one on ebay...I was a slacker....lol but Amazon is always reliable :) Even my dh is onboard with the discus venture so I am really getting excited now....

I would like some live plants in there too so I have much more research to do. I have one planted tank already and cant imagine NOT putting live plants in other tanks as well.

So there is much research to be done before I even decide on the ideal tank.

Thanks so much for the support and resources.
Always appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom