Greman blue acting wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got two rams a day ago 1 I at the bottom an middle of the the tank and the other stays at the top of the tank is that normal

New additions always behave different for up to a week, just monitor your water conditions and fishes behavior and I'm sure they'll settle in fine.

Also one is bothering the other and they are both young this is them

Attachments

• image-1655069082.jpg
    image-1655069082.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1617671487.jpg
    image-1617671487.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
I just fed brine shrimp and he didnt eat is that normal I have herd they are picky eaters at first

Mine are not big on brine shrimp but they go crazy for blood worms (frozen and dry) and algae wafers.

Julie

The one died so I'm going to get another this weekend when they get a new shipment

Before you up and get another one, you should probably try and diagnose the root of the problem. How are your water parameters? Are you cycled, and if so for how long? What's the temperature?

;)..... Or the fish that died was traumatized from shipping before you brought it home and simply did not recover. I always ask the sales people how long they have been in the store. The longer the better. Do you have your "dither" fish? Rams need the schooling fish to feel more secure and it helps build their food drive.

Ok, I'll say it.... Define "fine". I agree with waiting to add until you have an idea of what killed the last. Plus, I'd wait and not get one immediately after a new shipment. LFS rams are notoriously weak.

Rams do not need dithers to inspire a food drive. Dithers are cool and help them relax, but are by no means necessary.

Back
Top Bottom