How much is two much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 12 cichilds in a 55 gallon and want to add more. I am going to use a hob filter, plus a canister and a powerhead. I know you need to overstock with cichilds but whats the limit. I heard of people with 20+ in a 55. I know you want to overstock but by how much?

You don't want to over stock at less you absolutely have to. It can go bad both ways and your water quality (nitrates) will suffer meaning more water changes. If your species are picked correctly they should get along fine at lower levels. I would try not going over 16-18 at less you absolutely have to.

You don't want to over stock at less you absolutely have to. It can go bad both ways and your water quality (nitrates) will suffer meaning more water changes. If your species are picked correctly they should get along fine at lower levels. I would try not going over 16-18 at less you absolutely have to.

I change about 20 gallons a week so I think I will be okay on water quality. But my main concern was, they will not be happy with an overcrowded place.

I change about 20 gallons a week so I think I will be okay on water quality. But my main concern was, they will not be happy with an overcrowded place.

It can cause aggression issues. You can add more ( up to 16-18) and water quality will get a little worse needing a little more water changed a week. Remember the water is going to get worse as they get closer to full grown size. Being happy is hard to say it all depends on what's in there now and what your planning on adding.

It can cause aggression issues. You can add more ( up to 16-18) and water quality will get a little worse needing a little more water changed a week. Remember the water is going to get worse as they get closer to full grown size. Being happy is hard to say it all depends on what's in there now and what your planning on adding.

I have some yellow labs, a red and cobalt zebra, a obliqliden, a pair of peacocks, and a demesoni. Im adding a strawberry peacock, a electric blue cichild, and one thats black and has blue fins.

Back
Top Bottom