Jack dempsey in new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarlover78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently set up another tank for my jd because he was beating up every fish in the other tank. Now he is pale ( which I expected this), he has been sitting on the bottom of tank sitting very still. He also has not been eating his pellets but will eat live or shrimp. My question is will he die from stress, or will it just take some time of getting use to?

What size tank?

What are the water parameters of the new tank? temp/ph/ammonia/nitrite/nitrate

Is he alone in the tank?

Does he have any major wounds or marks / growths?

chances are he is just adjusting to altered parameters, temp and basically new environment. like if someone took you out of a bustling community town hall and dumped you in a lonesome cabin in Iceland. you would be like WTF too!
i think give it time and put up the temp, maybe add a feeder or two for excitement x

yeah, +1 on the dangers. i kinda hoped he had some QT set aside, i do anyway :L
if it will take the pellets, feed the pellets. though, was there a trick u would do? turn the light on then immediately feed, or open the hatch and handfeed? any routine may be enough to excite it.

All lvls are great, it's a 40 gal, he's by himself, I'm really thinking he just don't like his new environment. Ty everyone for the advice : )

Oh it's a long 40 gal tank I figured I would put him in there he loves to swim the bottom and my other tank is tall so I left my Oscar in that tank. Also my jd needs to be by himself he is very aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom