looking for general ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I love the idea of a tank that really closely mimics the environment natural to the cichlids in the tank. I'm picturing something like a 29 or slightly larger tank. I would want several different kinds of cichlids, like maybe 3 or 4 species. Just wondering what groups of species can go well together in the same tank / settings.

What kinds of Cichlids are you interested? I'm assuming South American unless you were wanting something like Shellies.

Most people do not recommend keeping multiple cichlids in a 29gal tank for very long. If your looking at Africans you will need a larger tank to keep multiple species in it. If you are looking at S or C American, you need a very large tank. If you can give info on what you are thinking it can help with giving suggestions.

i agree with the others that you will be better off with a larger tank the only cichlid combination i would recommend for that size tank would be a pair of angels and a trio of apistogramma or rams.

It's great that you want to mimic their natural habitat. I do agree that unless you are talking dwarf cichlids or shellies, go for a 55 at the very very minimum.

Back
Top Bottom