My Fish Eats Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Km84

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I know I'm been starting a lot of threads lately so sorry. But I was just watching my fish and noticed my one female jd keeps carrying around a rock. She looks like she is chewing it. She puts it down to eat then goes back for it! Picks up the exact rock! Any thoughts on my oddball fish! And no she isn't just moving them she is only holding this one rock.

i had a colbalt zebra do the same thing about a month ago then it just dropped it lol. but i think as long as its eating and not harming itself there isn't any worry.

Hope she won't be disappointed when in a few weeks I turn her tank into sand! Maybe I'll leave her a few rocks lol

Some types of cichlids are like clean freaks. They move around the rocks because they are "tidying up" their area

Yeah she has moved rocks before but this was different! She held the exact same pebble . Put it down on a leaf of log and eat then pick it back up!

Ya she might be trying to put that Rock in a good place so it looks good. The rocks are like decorations of their house

My friends goldfish used to eat rocks. Then one day it choked on one and they had to do surgery (AKA cut open it's lip with a knife and get the rock out) to save it. My cichlids also like to eat sand and spew it out of their gills. :)

Back
Top Bottom