new chiclid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi, i recently went to an auction with my dad who loved these acei he saw. no one was buying nd it was going to be a no sale so i baught them for him. the only place we could put them was in a 10 gallon with one other cichlid i had long story how i got him! anyways, there are 6 of them and they are all ery small, the larget isnt even 2 inches long. i know a 10 gallon is to small for them so i set up a 25 for them. i have an aqua clear 70 on the tank now but it is really loud and will not be quiete. do you have any recomandations for me? they are all looking very healthy and i will most likely be upgrading when i have the money thanks for the help i want these little guys to be happy.

My suggestion is to start saving for a big tank... Acei are pretty active swimmers... They're all over my 5' tank. Just get them out of that tiny tank as soon as possible

Acei are Lake Malawi Cichlids (Mbuna) and are a pretty peaceful fish. Not to mention beautiful. They will grow to be 4-6 inches and will definitely need a bigger tank. They like sand substrate and many rocks to hide and make territories in. I feed mine New Life Spectrum cichlid food (1mm sinking pellets). Here is a link about them. Acei

Back
Top Bottom