Please help id?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got this guy today for 15 bucks! He is about 4-5 inches and has some good color. Anyone know what he is?

image-4264720203.jpg

Here's another pic of him or her? Anyone know if its male or female?

image-271731658.jpg

Generally if a cichlid has a blue face especially haps and peacocks it's a dead giveaway that it's a male

Ok I can for sure see how they look alike. The guy at the store said try were thinking it could be a red empress I think. Any other guesses or is that a definite? Haah I'd believe you, def know more than me

image-3771614766.jpg

Also I got this guy today too. Sold to me as a strawberry peacock or something like that! Lol any ideas about this one too? Or the other one?

Awesome. You own one? Could you post a pic of yours? Do they tend to color up more? I know he's a little stressed from the new tank too. He is pretty big tho. Do they color up late? Sorry for the questions. Just wanna know everything I can about this guy. He is pretty sweet

These are the best pics that I have ATM

image-1089482523.jpg

image-339700578.jpg

image-2071260647.jpg

That's about as colorful as he will get

I think it's a depleted bloodline :/

Well it's still pretty cool looking. How big do they get? And what size tank is yours in?

Your new fish is a beauty not sure what sex it is sorry. I bought 2 new cichlids today but they are both sticking to the top any idea why? My thought was there not enough oxygen in the water I bought a new plant to help oxide oxygen tablets & new air stone I checked the water quality I shows it well circle

Are any of your other fish that were in there doing that? Because if there wasn't enough oxygen then they all would be doing it. When I put new fish in I turn off the lights and cover the tank for a while so they can calm down.

No just the 2 news ones do u think I should turn the light off for a couple of hours ? I usually turn the light off at night time only

Yes i would turn them off for a day or two when adding new fish so they aren't gonna be picked on more than the other. I even cover mine with a blanket to really stop light from going in, it makes the fish very sleepy an they don't fight or get stressed. Have you tested your water also? Is everything good there? How long has the tank been set up and running?

Yes I done a water test it says its all good I have had my tank for many years I try & do the filters every couple of weeks & I will do a part water change too thanks I'm going to turn the light of & see if it helps

mine is about 6 inches now, i think they get up to 7.

my tank is a 75

if it is only 2 of your fish that are hiding at the top of the tank then they are usually getting bullied. you can try to turn the lights off for a day and move all the decor in your tank around and they might come back down but if you do all that and they still stay up there then there is someone in your tank that isn't being very nice to them and you will most likely either have to get rid of them before they die or figure out who the bully is and do something with him.

mine is about 6 inches now, i think they get up to 7.

my tank is a 75

if it is only 2 of your fish that are hiding at the top of the tank then they are usually getting bullied. you can try to turn the lights off for a day and move all the decor in your tank around and they might come back down but if you do all that and they still stay up there then there is someone in your tank that isn't being very nice to them and you will most likely either have to get rid of them before they die or figure out who the bully is and do something with him.

I only got them today I haven't notice any bully they all about the same size I turned the lights off its been off for about a hour 1 has gone more middle of the tank but the other 1 is still at the top

whenever you go to turn the lights on just sit and watch your tank for 10 minutes and see if something is chasing other things

I am happy to say my 2 little cichlids have survived there first night & not hanging around the top there had a little bit of food they look like they will be fine

Back
Top Bottom