Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
What is the largest S. American cichlid you could keep in a 200L tank with a footprint of 100x50cm?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

A realistic size of 6" would probably be fair as a maximum.

Peaceful: Angelfish would be fine, so would Festivums which are not likely to get to their maximum quoted. Discus unlikely as best in groups, but not impossible in a smaller group. Keyholes would have more than enough room.

More Aggressive: Blue Acaras are quoted up to 8" but I would say that is exceptional so they would probably be ok. Bandit cichlids are like a more colourful and interesting version of the Keyhole, they would be good.

A few examples there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bandit cichlids, aka Guianacara species, do best in groups and are not very commonly found. I personally wouldn't do guianacara in a tank under 4 get due to their grouping needs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is a really interesting shaped tank.

Are we talking about a single specimen alone? While the tank is only a little over 3ft long it is almost 20" deep.

I would be willing to put a single Aequidens rivulatus in a tank like that.

Currently a community tank but just thinking about future options. Thanks for the input.

Odd how as a semi experienced FW aquarist I get replies, though in the salty section as a noob I find it really hard to get anyone to respond.

Sent from my XT1021 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah. And running t8s on such a shaped tank I'm finding low tech is the way to go.

The length I'd a little restrictive though :(

Sent from my XT1021 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom