The 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LayzorBeams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi! Anyone who has read any threads i posted in the Cichlid section should know that i was trying to breed Texas Cichlids. In short, i gave up. Now i have the Male Texas with his tankmates.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449270404.741648.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449270421.428345.jpg

Those are Festae, true Festae from what i can tell. Hoping to breed and upgrade to a 125 as needed. The male is about 7" and the female is about 5.5". They dont get aling great with the Texas. I might just end up trying to keep the female Festae with the Texas. They were kind of a very expensive impulse buy.

The Texas really hates the male. I hear splashing all night as they tussle. No injuries though, and they both eat a metric crap ton. Seriously. In the couple weeks ive had them together ive used half of a giant bag of Hikari Sinking Pellets.

Anyways. Yeah, Festae. They are cool. The male is a coward though... The female actually tries to mess with the Texas and all that.

Also: he has a male Convict with him.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449270534.557098.jpg

And here is the big boy himself, not at all afraid of me or the camera (aka crappy iPod junk thing) and... Yeah. He has become a mean bugger.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449270595.668378.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449270631.362150.jpg

He is about 6" right now. My favorite fish I've owned. Still working on trying to get him to eat out of my hand.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The Texas has some nasty attitude these days. His fins are constantly getting tom on stuff as he chases fish around, has scars on his body... Jeez. He hasn't hurt anyone though, surprisingly. Just chases.

Well... He did kill a fish once. But... Bleh.

Changed stuff around today.

Sold the FH i had, got back what i paid for it and used the $ to but some supplies. Like Prime. Hoping it lives up to its name.

Put the Tex in the 29 for now, i will attempt to put it back in the 75 when the male Festae grows some balls and doesn't get bullied.

Also re-arranged the tank, updated pic in post above.

Okay. News:

Festae have gone beast mode. Males is glassbanging a bit. The 2 Festae joined forces to terrorize the Convict. His fins are shredded and his shoulder area is mauled. Sad day :(
He should pull through, however. He is in a different tank.

Im hoping that the partnered act of aggression means that the Festae are prepping to breed. Hopefully.

So yeah. Festae in the 75, Tex in the 29 for now, and Con in a 10 (he is a bit less than 3 inches long so i hope he should be ok for a week) which will become a 20 when i downsize the geckos.

Ugh.

Also, i will start a thread on helping the Festae breed. They seem to be interested in it...

why do you keep putting these horrible mixtures of aggressive large centrals together then posting about them fighting the crap out of each other? The Texas hated the male festae and they fought? Then the Texas had scars? Now they've mauled the convict? Why is any of this surprising and why did you facilitate the environment for it to happen in?

Edit to add: I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm just encouraging more thought and less impulse in these stockings. Good day Logan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom