what is the best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobofishman

Aquarium Advice Activist
what will be the best algae eater for my 55g cichlid tank? i want to hear as many ideas as possiable so i can choose wisely... i had placos but the end up way to big ..... thanks everyone...

i just dont want a big placo.. the one i just got rid of was 14 in.. i was thinking about one around 4"-5" max

those would work also. corys are a schooling fish so you would need 5+ corys

I like snails. Cories don't seem effective in my tank.
I have clown and bristlenose plecos. BN is much better, in my opinion. The clowns do it less as they age and eat mostly wood.

bobofishman said:
Cool.. I was looking at Cory cats or synos

+ 1 for the bristle nose. I tried cory's and they were eaten alive in no time in a cichlid tank a few years back. 

Look into Otocinclus. Cory fish are not algae eaters. Theyre bottom feeders.

first of all..what type of cichlids are you keeping? 2nd..do not add any corydora's to a cichlid tank, they will harass and kill all of them. 3. even the pleco's can be hit or miss, I've heard of africans eating BN pleco's eyes

I have 2 flamebacks , 5 dragonblood ,3 mason peacocks, a yellow lab, a demasonsi and an albino peacock

I say you are the best clean up crew cichlids wont leave food behind there too greedy. Got rid of mine after realizing this.

Back
Top Bottom