10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! What kind of Zoa is it? Looking at some online now.

Looking great 10g! I like the hammer especially, their my favorite (and my addiction lol :) ) I have 6 heads total of hammer, and one is 4 inches wide

How fast do they grow? It's def a hammer. I can see the hammer heads on some of the tentacles! What are their requirements?

How fast do they grow? It's def a hammer. I can see the hammer heads on some of the tentacles! What are their requirements?

I think I've found the sweet spot for mine lol. Best placement seems to be pretty low flow, and high light. They can grow pretty fast when you find a perfect spot for them, mine grew maybe 1.5 inches since I've gotten it. They will continually sprout new tentacles from the center, as well as divide existing ones. They look amazing when they're fully open IMO :)

One tip: they like very low flow, and will be angry if you give them too much! One of mine wouldn't open for a week after being put in direct flow for like an hour :p

Ok. Thanks for the great info! Mine is low flow + high light. How long have you had yours?

Ok. Thanks for the great info! Mine is low flow + high light. How long have you had yours?

No problem! Got my first (still kinda small) about 8 weeks ago, and have gotten the other five since then, up until two weeks ago when I decided to stop adding coral and let the existing 25+ types of coral fill up the little empty space left.

The biggest one I got about 6 weeks ago, and it's the one "in the sweet spot" lol. It has grown a ton, both laterally and vertically.

Wow ok. That's greAt. My lights are out now so I'll do an update on mine tomorrow.

Is one of the fish store you got to called "Aquarium" on Del Prado next to Comics store

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow ok. That's greAt. My lights are out now so I'll do an update on mine tomorrow.

Do you have a moonlight? Just interested to know if your corals stay open during the night, some of mine occasionally pull an "all-nighter" lol.

Back
Top Bottom