16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so if I wanted to feed them, how would I do that with frozen mysis shrimp? And do you actually see the corals take the food or do u kinda just lay it on them? Lol

DanS180 said:
I think I saw that stuff at my LFS, maybe I'll give it a try??

I don't see why not. Wait for someone who has used it to post. I imagine it will work well. Hopefully I will be able to find a small bottle. I think that large bottle would last me 3 years. Lol!

Bearchumjs said:
I don't see why not. Wait for someone who has used it to post. I imagine it will work well. Hopefully I will be able to find a small bottle. I think that large bottle would last me 3 years. Lol!

Haha! Yeah well I read the reviews on the page u just posted and the ppl on there love it and say there corals thrive after using so maybe it's not a bad idea :)

DanS180 said:
Haha! Yeah well I read the reviews on the page u just posted and the ppl on there love it and say there corals thrive after using so maybe it's not a bad idea :)

I did not read the reviews. Lol! Get some and see how it goes!

Bearchumjs said:
I did not read the reviews. Lol! Get some and see how it goes!

Lmao I ALWAYS read reviews on everything!!! Haha I'll see if my LFS has it when I leave work today

My LFS has a 17oz bottle of reef snow for $19.99, I didn't buy it bc I figure I can get it cheaper online lol

DanS180 said:
Ok so if I wanted to feed them, how would I do that with frozen mysis shrimp? And do you actually see the corals take the food or do u kinda just lay it on them? Lol

I have a sun coral that I have to feed and a couple others that I feed couple times a week. You can use either a 2-liter clear bottle or a 12 oz bottle, depending on how big your corals are. Some of the corals are slow to eat, so the fish can steal their food. So cut the bottle in half, keep the half with the spout opening. Wash it out and place it over the coral with spout Facing up. Then you can fit a turkey Baster through the opening and spot feed. I have several bottles so I can feed all at once. Then you can walk away and come back after 15 min or so and remove the bottles. That should give them enough time to eat without food being stolen by fish or hermits.

Beengirl said:
I have a sun coral that I have to feed and a couple others that I feed couple times a week. You can use either a 2-liter clear bottle or a 12 oz bottle, depending on how big your corals are. Some of the corals are slow to eat, so the fish can steal their food. So cut the bottle in half, keep the half with the spout opening. Wash it out and place it over the coral with spout Facing up. Then you can fit a turkey Baster through the opening and spot feed. I have several bottles so I can feed all at once. Then you can walk away and come back after 15 min or so and remove the bottles. That should give them enough time to eat without food being stolen by fish or hermits.

Wow that's a great idea! Never would have thought of that lol I'll give it a try when I pick up some food

DanS180 said:
Wow that's a great idea! Never would have thought of that lol I'll give it a try when I pick up some food

No problem!! Just don't forget to take the bottles off when done cuz then your corals won't be getting any flow and won't be happy.

Beengirl said:
No problem!! Just don't forget to take the bottles off when done cuz then your corals won't be getting any flow and won't be happy.

Sounds like something I would do! Haha nah I'll be sure to remember :)

Nitrates are down to 20ppm :) gonna get some more water n do another one lol

My green hammer kept getting pulled up by something (guessing my hermits) so I moved that up higher and now my frogspawn is getting dug up lol guess I gotta get some glue

Turbo snails were the worst bulldozers in my tanks. I ended up using underwater epoxy or gel type super glue to hold some of my corals in place.

CorallineAlgae said:
Turbo snails were the worst bulldozers in my tanks. I ended up using underwater epoxy or gel type super glue to hold some of my corals in place.

Yeah I just went out n bought some gel glue, see how that works :) I'm thinking of cutting the peg off my radioactive dragon eye disk so I can glue it somewhere better

So Wednesday I think I'm getting a Fire In Ice zoas frag.. like 10 polyps and I'm supposed to be getting a free Ponape birdsnest frag :) go me

DanS180 said:
So Wednesday I think I'm getting a Fire In Ice zoas frag.. like 10 polyps and I'm supposed to be getting a free Ponape birdsnest frag :) go me

What!? You are so lucky!! Im going to go google those right now. Then I shall sit here and be jealous. :p

Bearchumjs said:
What!? You are so lucky!! Im going to go google those right now. Then I shall sit here and be jealous. :p

Haha yeah I think I hit a homerun with the coral guy I found that's about 10 mins away from me :) yayyy

Back
Top Bottom