16G BowFront --> 29G Reef Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Okay and cyno is bad right?

Not good lol. Do a quick search on here. There are many threads on people getting rid of them. From what I had read they aren't as hard to get rid of as the dinos so that's good atleast

Ya cyano can be terrible for corals cause it'll make a "blanket" over top ove them almost smothering them but on the bright side its pretty easy to rid your tank of them with a little cleaning and a couple water changes.

Itll take a little time to kill corals. First it'll grow right up next to them which the rubbing and irritating will cause some tissue recession which will then give the cyano a chance to grow on the dying pieces of coral.

Mrc8858 said:
Itll take a little time to kill corals. First it'll grow right up next to them which the rubbing and irritating will cause some tissue recession which will then give the cyano a chance to grow on the dying pieces of coral.

Well I'm not even gonna let it get to that point haha.. in a couple mins I'm gonna take care of this and turn out the lights, even tho my power should be goin out sometime today due to the hurricane :/

Well all of the cyano is out and the lights are off, power is still on so that's a good thing :)

DanS180 said:
Well all of the cyano is out and the lights are off, power is still on so that's a good thing :)

Hope it stays that way. My lights are still of too. I am working a 24 hr shift tomorrow so I will leave them off for tomorrow too and turn them on Wednesday when I get home. No power loss here either. Doesn't even seem that windy anymore. It was from about 430 - 630

22engine said:
Hope it stays that way. My lights are still of too. I am working a 24 hr shift tomorrow so I will leave them off for tomorrow too and turn them on Wednesday when I get home. No power loss here either. Doesn't even seem that windy anymore. It was from about 430 - 630

Def still windy here in S. Jersey but still have power

I bet.. Gal you weren't hit to bad! I live here on the gulf coast so I have seen quite a few, but we are prepared for it as well.

Pizza101 said:
I bet.. Gal you weren't hit to bad! I live here on the gulf coast so I have seen quite a few, but we are prepared for it as well.

All is well. Storm has passed, all fish, inverts and coral are accounted for :)

Beengirl said:
Yea!! Victory on 2 fronts, then!! :)

Haha for now!

I noticed yesterday my Pink Digi wasn't looking too hot, same goes for my frogspawn.. just never seemed to open up all the way. :/ I hope it just had something to do w me leaving the lights off the previous day

Okay anyone know what's goin on with my frogspawn?? Only thing I've done recently is change the direction of the power heads, its still getting flow just not as much.. there's a 2 hammers less than 10 inches away from it

ForumRunner_20121031_193906.jpg

And my Pink Digi is bleached? Any ideas why? This all happened in a matter of 2 days

ForumRunner_20121031_193912.jpg

How long did to leave the light off for. I didn't even think of it cause mine are on a timer to slowly ramp up. Could just have shocked them going full strength after the darkness. Maybe lower the bleached one to see if it improves.

Back
Top Bottom