2.5G Pico Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Courtneybree90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my pico tank for about a month now and I am finally ready to put my one and only fish in there!
(BTW the pic of the ugly pico tank was the first day I set it up)
My question is, what fish should I get??

Stats:

1 peppermint shrimp
1 emerald crab
3 nerite snails
3 hermit crabs
1 zoa
1 non-pulsing xenia
1 pink star polyp(very small and shy psp)

My profile picture is my tank now. I know I am limited to what I can have since it's such a small tank but there is something I'm sure! :D

There Catalina goby is very small and pretty. The tank would have To be a cooler-water tank, though cuz they like 66-70* F water. If I remember right, margarita snails are actually from cooler waters too, so you could have some of those in there. But with a tank that small, 1 tiny fish and a few snails would work perfectly. :)

Thanks for the advice! I went today and got the smallest clown goby I could find. I also got a teeny-tiny true percula. Two is the max i will put in the tank. They look great!

In all honesty i would never put a fish in a 2.5 gallon tank..... And especially not a clown.

Originally I would agree with you. It is a small tank. But after speaking with a few aquarium veterans, I was told a true percula would be fine. My bf has a 95 gallon so when he gets too big I can switch him to the big tank. My favorite local fish gallery has a clown in a tiny clown the same size as mine in a 1 gallon on display.

Courtneybree90 said:
Originally I would agree with you. It is a small tank. But after speaking with a few aquarium veterans, I was told a true percula would be fine. My bf has a 95 gallon so when he gets too big I can switch him to the big tank. My favorite local fish gallery has a clown in a tiny clown the same size as mine in a 1 gallon on display.

Okay why would it be fine? Its growth will be stunted. It wont live a long life if that happens. And the pet stores use that as a display, most of the fish dont stay in there their whole lives. Besides, the pet stores dont really care about their fish

I read that too. I guess i will move him to the 95 gallon next week. I want him to have enough room and not stress. What other fish besides a goby? I would like to have two, but no
More than that.

obscurereef said:
Cleaner shrimp in a 2.5 gallon? Each antennae would be touching the walls of the tank :lol:...

Lol okay maybe a peppermint shrimp. :p (cmon im trying to eliminate another fish from goin in the tank!)

Back
Top Bottom