20 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tds is 28. Is that acceptable for a reef aquarium. Out of the tap it's 480

If you have higher phosphates in your water it will slow growth a lot. I just started my first SW reef as well. I didn't have as much patience as you though haha. What did you use as an ammonia source?

That is a very very impressive build out for the tank! WOW! Very well done. :)

I answered your question about the tds on another thread fyi.....

Thank you I purchased the di attachment for the aquaticlife ro filter I bought. I already have 5 gallons of ro saltwater made so I'll be using rodi after next week :)

If I added live rock rubble with coralline algae on it to my refugium would it still spread to the display?

I would take the blood worms out and just use a cocktail shrimp. Blood worms are a very dirty food. Just my $.02

Yea I'm in North Dakota so a pack of table shrimp was a lot more expensive. I was going to use pure ammonia but couldn't find a place that sells it

ACE hardware is where I get my pure ammonia from. But anything that rots is gonna get the job done. :)

Good news!!! I managed to fit the skimmer in the sump. It was a pain to put in but it's outta the display now.

The diatoms have arrived!!! I figured I'd check all perimeters today and I got 1ppm ammonia barely detectable nitrite and 5 ppm nitrate. I guess the cycle has finally started. Hopefully the tank doesn't get to ugly considering its in my living room.

Back
Top Bottom