29gal biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
in about a month i will be setting up a 29gal biocube.i was wondering what i would need(filtration,lbs of lr,ls).

hahaha i'm all over these AIO nano threads today, anyway.

the biocube has a decent mechanical filtration system, 3 stage wet/dry. so you're good on that, if anything get a koralia nano powerhead or something similar.

1-2lbs of LR per gallon is a rule of thumb, but you can do what you like better (as long as fish have some swimming room). live sand is also preference, 1-1.5lbs of sand, but dont buy the live stuff, its a gimmick and not worth the money they charge for it.

can't wait to see pics of this being set up!

haha i appreciate the help. i saw a biocube protien skimmer at my lfs, shoud i add that to my system?

ive heard that a skimmer on such a small tank doesnt help much as long as you do waterchanges butt it doesnt hurt and if you are overstocked with fish it can help

im plannig on getting two fish, maybe three. six line wrasse, black percula,firefish. ofcourse i will do some research before i buy them.

well do you plan on doing water changes every two weeks? if so then you really dont need one but again they dont hurt

yep, then you have no need for a protein skimmer, even if you were over stocked i wouldnt suggest it, atleast a different brand.

those fish are all good for nanos, just the firefish are sometimes shy and aren't aggressive eater so you just need to make sure he eats, other than that everything's looking good!

then yea you should stick to those. Im new as well and ive been told that these would be fine:
green star polyps
button polyps
kenya tree
frogspawn
mushrooms
birds nest
leather coral
and pulsing xenia

yep, those are all good for the stock PC lighting, pulsing xenia is my personal favorite =] i have a nice colony and i love watching it pulse constantly

Zoas will do great. Be careful with xenia and gsp. Both spread too quickly for that size tank. In a month or 2 you will be over run. But if you want that then go for it. Search for Mandrinlove on this site. I think he had a brain in his stock biocibe.

Back
Top Bottom