3 Gallon stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

umramgirl86

Aquarium Advice Activist
If I started a 3 gallon pico reef, what could I stock it with? I know my options are limited with fish if I could get any at all, but if you were stocking a 3 gallon, what would you put in it? (Shrimp, snails, starfish, gobies, etc.????) Any ideas are welcome

I would do a 3-4 sexy shrimp, a couple banded trochus snails, several zoas, couple ricordia, maybe some star polyps. And that would be about it.

Beengirl said:
I would do a 3-4 sexy shrimp, a couple banded trochus snails, several zoas, couple ricordia, maybe some star polyps. And that would be about it.

That sounds like a good stock list. I think another option might be a Pom Pom crab. What do you think?

Fish will most likely not do well in a tank with such a small water volume. Inverts will be the way to go. And they are fun! I have a few hermits, snails, and an emerald crab in my 5 gal pico and I love watching them. :). They are just a interesting as fish, IMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom