Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha so the pistol shrimp went right into the cave I had made and I can't even find him, and the goby followed haha!

Wait!! Goby came out! Kind of a rough picture though

Will the pistol ever come out?

Attachments

• image-2908482497.jpg
    image-2908482497.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 195
Haha thats sweet! And the pistol will show himself every once in a while, but he wont be fully exposed

Okay now he's like... Swimming at the top of the tank in front of the power head and it looks like he's getting thrashed by the current... But keeps going up there?! It's so weird!!

Dow she just like the current?!

Attachments

• image-1128314793.jpg
    image-1128314793.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 185
  • image-2186379213.jpg
    image-2186379213.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 175
Maybe, fish will act weird for the first couple of days being in a new tank, explore, and play will stuff.
That pistol shrimp is gonna make a bug burrow or him and the goby to live it.
I found holes completely on the other edge of my tank will the goby sticking his head out.

I hope he's okay! I'm out right now but I'll see how he is when I get back!

Here's another pic of him!

Attachments

• image-1547951453.jpg
    image-1547951453.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 170
Bearchumjs said:
The goby looks great! :)

Thanks! :) he's acting a bit weird right now but hopefully he settles down! My girlfriend says that the shrimp probably told him to go swim around and play while he makes their home, so I'm just gonna go with that! :)

What kind of shrimp did you get?

I got a coral banded shrimp and barely ever seen him except when he was moving sand.

scottayy said:
What kind of shrimp did you get?

I got a coral banded shrimp and barely ever seen him except when he was moving sand.

I believe that's the one... Red and white?!

I'm kind of bummed that I don't get to see the shrimp I paid a lot of money for :/ oh well haha

Okay I'm getting seriously scared about my goby getting to close to the power head. He's almost gotten sucked in a few times... Should I wrap it in pantyhose or something?!

You get to see his creations! An no you should be fine. He'll stay away. He shouldn't be able to be sucked in.

There are lots of kinds of pistol shrimp.

That looks like a maxijet. You should be worried, they have big openings (lost a nem to one). Does maxijet sell foam covers? Forgive me if it's not maxijet.

Khij159753 said:
You get to see his creations! An no you should be fine. He'll stay away. He shouldn't be able to be sucked in.

Fish get sucked in FAR more then you think.... Definitly cover up the openings!

I tried covering it with pantyhose and it stopped the flow completely. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

And when do you think I could get some coral?

Back
Top Bottom