First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a reading that low, I would suspect your test kit was bad, or you messed up the test, some can be pretty complicated, I mess up on a regular basis. At any rate, verify that reading before adding a lot of calcium

Yea I am going to take another reading before I add anything just to be positive.

I agree. I would test again. I mess up with calcium all the time cause you have to keep dropping and counting till it changes from pink to purple and the use the chart. I don't see how your levels are that low especially using reef crystals

This is a good time to point out that Salifert test kits are much better, more expensive and complicated? IMO yes... But worth it. I have a Salifert kit for cal,mag and alk. I use API for the rest.

Well i missed an important step in the instructions so that was what went wrong. So with that being said it was at 500 so it's good to go.

That 6 pack with free shipping is actually 25 percent off right now. Does everyone usually do the free shipping or overnight it for a little more

If i didn't just by a new range finder from bass pro I would order some too. If they still have the sale on Wednesday I will. Been spending all my extra cash on the tank but hunting season is almost here. Gotta spread it out a little. Plus it probably won't hurt to let me tank go a couple weeks without adding anything.

Back
Top Bottom