fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New life spectrum as well. I feed all three tanks it on the off days and all my fish eat it. Good stuff and it comes in all sizes. I'm sure "blue" will like it, just may have been too big for him.

New life spectrum as well. I feed all three tanks it on the off days and all my fish eat it. Good stuff and it comes in all sizes. I'm sure "blue" will like it, just may have been too big for him.

Oh! Maybe your right about the size! He is pretty little still. I'll keep trying. I mean, the pellets are super tiny, but he never did get the whole thing in his mouth. But then again he did eat a rather large piece of mysis....even if he doesn't eat the pellet the snails and crabs love the stuff so it gets eaten. Lol!

Well, I went to petco to get some chemi pure elite and they didnt have it. So I guess I'll have to order it. I think it would be good for my tank to remove any phosphates that may be causing the Cyanobacteria (not that it's a bad breakout, I just don't care for it). I also figured it would help polish my water. What do you guys think? Should I bother with it or not?

Well, I went to petco to get some chemi pure elite and they didnt have it. So I guess I'll have to order it. I think it would be good for my tank to remove any phosphates that may be causing the Cyanobacteria (not that it's a bad breakout, I just don't care for it). I also figured it would help polish my water. What do you guys think? Should I bother with it or not?

Definitely won't hurt anything, I have some in my 29g tank

Well, the good news is that Blue ate the NLS pellets this morning! I used my finger mail to make them even smaller and he liked them very much. The bad news is that I saw ANOTHER aiptasia next to my xmen palys. I squirted it with boiling water. Hopefully it's dead. At least it isn't migrating around the tank. So, since I had to kill the aiptasia I decided I might as well do a pwc while I was at it. I did about a 1-1.5 gallon pwc. I used some airline tubing to suck up any cyano I could see since I wasn't able to get the chemi pure elite today. The tank is looking good though! :)

I have use chemipure and chemipure elite in my tanks. I think it helps and really makes the water clearer. You'd only need a half unit for your size tank.

(y) Great tank shot. I love the color of the lights! The nicest local pet store keeps one of those in each coral tanks after they got a plague of flatworms. They say yellow tails eat them. I can't confirm that but even if they don't they're a beautiful fish. It's a shame they're not peaceful enough for most communities.

(y) Great tank shot. I love the color of the lights! The nicest local pet store keeps one of those in each coral tanks after they got a plague of flatworms. They say yellow tails eat them. I can't confirm that but even if they don't they're a beautiful fish. It's a shame they're not peaceful enough for most communities.

Thank you! It would sure be nice to be able to have a school of them.

Had family over tonight and they thought Blue was awesome. Then they asked why he's the only fish. I basically explained that he was like a betta fish. They aren't aquaria savvy so comparing him to a freshwater betta's aggressive nature was what they understood (even though I know betta's can be in tanks with other fish...)

Anyway, Blue ate so good today. The NLS pellets this morning and some mysis when my family was over.

Can I get a fire shrimp or skunk cleaner at some point?

I would get a skunk cleaner between those 2, but that's just cuz I love mine. :) They have a lot of personality and are usually visible all the time.

Beengirl said:
I would get a skunk cleaner between those 2, but that's just cuz I love mine. :) They have a lot of personality and are usually visible all the time.

Couldn't agree more. I like them at least as much as any fish and much more than most fish. Skunks rule.

This is off topic but I'm so proud! My daughter made front page news with other students on the student leadership team. Her school collected over 50lbs of soda can tabs to donate to Ronald McDonald house! That's alot of tabs!

Ok... Fish related, my cyano is doing alot better since I siphoned a bunch out the other day. And I've not seen any sign of the aiptasia I killed the other day. Woot!

Congrats to your daughter!! You must be so proud!! :)
And congrats on defeating the Aptasia too!!

I went to the new aquarium place that just opened. Very limited stock right now, but I walked away with a purple frogspawn (2 heads) a tiny mushroom and some yellow thing. $10. What a deal! Will acclimate and post pics soon! Woot!!

Back
Top Bottom