fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My frogspawn is on the sandbed, use to be directly below the LED and was happy there. Had to move it cuz of the clown being a pain, so it's more to the side now, but still in full Light. And mine likes moderate flow.

My frogspawn is on the sandbed, use to be directly below the LED and was happy there. Had to move it cuz of the clown being a pain, so it's more to the side now, but still in full Light. And mine likes moderate flow.

Here is an FTS. The frog is on the right, just behind blues tail. I tried to get a picture of where the light is in relation to the frogspawn. I wonder if it wants more flow? I can see the little tentacles moving a little from the flow but they aren't moving a whole lot. (Ps- I put some purigen in one of my filters today. Maybe it will cut back on some of the Algea. I've been feeding blue too much I think.)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49408.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49410.html

Maybe too much light? I would try moving it to the sandbed, just to the right of that cave opening and see if it opens more over next couple days. It doesn't seem happy where it is, for sure.

Thats how mine did when it was getting too much light.
The problem im having with the pico tank is that there is no depth to place corals, and giving them to much light is really easy to do.

Maybe too much light? I would try moving it to the sandbed, just to the right of that cave opening and see if it opens more over next couple days. It doesn't seem happy where it is, for sure.

I moved it down to the right of the cave. It's getting a little more flow here.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49417.html

I think it's happier already? Here's a side by side pic before and after I moved it:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49421.html

Looks like its attempting to extend it's tentacles a little more. It'll probably take a couple of days to extend fully, though. If it doesn't look better in a couple days, try moving it away from the center some. Sometimes it just takes a little trial and error to find the spot where the corals are happiest.

Looks like its attempting to extend it's tentacles a little more. It'll probably take a couple of days to extend fully, though. If it doesn't look better in a couple days, try moving it away from the center some. Sometimes it just takes a little trial and error to find the spot where the corals are happiest.

Thank you! I really really want it to be happy. It's tentacles are getting a little inflated so hopefully it will like it there. The center thing on the frogspawn- the piece with the opening- I guess it's mouth? It has a little white transparent thingy that keeps popping out and grabbing at the water and then popping back in. I fed blue some mysis hoping that thing may be able to catch a small piece.

Well, the frogspawn looks a little better this morning. Maybe it's finally happy. That stupid aiptasia was back! I had to pull the paly frag off to make sure I got the whole thing this time. Hopefully nothing knocks it down now cause I'm out of super glue and couldn't glue it back. The green mushroom is very happy today and is about the size of a quarter or half dollar. Somewhere in between maybe. I moved the yellow ric to right near it hoping that it will open fully today. The new zoas are still slowly opening so that's good. Blue is doing awesome. Margarita was upside down on the sand. I flipped her over since she was having problems. Not much else to report.

....stupid aiptasia. It better be dead now.

Well, the frogspawn looks a little better this morning. Maybe it's finally happy. That stupid aiptasia was back! I had to pull the paly frag off to make sure I got the whole thing this time. Hopefully nothing knocks it down now cause I'm out of super glue and couldn't glue it back. The green mushroom is very happy today and is about the size of a quarter or half dollar. Somewhere in between maybe. I moved the yellow ric to right near it hoping that it will open fully today. The new zoas are still slowly opening so that's good. Blue is doing awesome. Margarita was upside down on the sand. I flipped her over since she was having problems. Not much else to report.

....stupid aiptasia. It better be dead now.

Glad everything is working out for ya!! :)

Have you tried using Aiptasia X yet? I used it twice and haven't needed it since, did a really good job for me.

Glad everything is working out for ya!! :)

Have you tried using Aiptasia X yet? I used it twice and haven't needed it since, did a really good job for me.

It's expensive and I can't justify buying it to use it once. So hopefully I killed it all the way this time. If not I'll see it there again in a week or 2. If it were migrating around the tank and creating more baby aiptasia I'd have to buy the aiptasia-x. But it only pops up by my xmen palys.

It's expensive and I can't justify buying it to use it once. So hopefully I killed it all the way this time. If not I'll see it there again in a week or 2. If it were migrating around the tank and creating more baby aiptasia I'd have to buy the aiptasia-x. But it only pops up by my xmen palys.

Well chances are the "one" that keeps popping back up may be a new one. If you startle the aiptasia it releases "babies" and soon(without care) will take over lol but yeah it is expensive, I think the bottle I bought was like $12-15 I think and I used it twice lol

Do you happen to have a picture of your Xmen palys?!

I've fought aptasia with kalk a couple times and beat it into oblivion each time. Never tried aptasia X but I've only heard great things.

Do you happen to have a picture of your Xmen palys?!

I've fought aptasia with kalk a couple times and beat it into oblivion each time. Never tried aptasia X but I've only heard great things.

Pics of xmen palys (and eagle eye zoas) I love the xmen!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49511.html

Also, because I'm a terribly impatient person and I really want my frogspawn to open, I moved a couple things in the tank slighty and reduced the flow on my power head to 50%. Reason for this- I turned off all filters and the power head so that I could target feed my trumpet coral some mysis. The frogspawn started to plump up. So I thought maybe there is also a flow issue. So I kinda moved a rock to block some flow and blah blah. The tank pretty much still looks the same. Maybe I will see some improvement with froggy. I also did a very small pwc. Maybe like 1/4 gallon. I need to get more saltwater. One things for sure, the green mushroom is very happy!

Bad Blue! Bad bad Blue! He just attacked one of my feather dusters. There's pieces of his crown flying everywhere. I hope Blue decided he shouldn't eat those. I'd be sad if he destroyed them all.

Well, here's a sort of time lapse set of pictures of my frogspawn. 1 is when I got it Thursday, 2 was when I first moved it to the sandbed, 3 was this morning, 4 was about 10 minutes ago. It's doing better. At least it isn't looking like picture 1 still. I really need to not be home staring at it. Watching it expand is like watching grass grow and I swear I'm about to lose my mind.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49544.html

So I know you are all dying to know-

The frogspawn is looking better. It's extended a little more but just barely. I moved it to the right hand corner of the tank last night. I'm just gonna let it be all day.

So I know you are all dying to know-

The frogspawn is looking better. It's extended a little more but just barely. I moved it to the right hand corner of the tank last night. I'm just gonna let it be all day.

Hey I would recommend leaving him there for a couple of day and then move him if he's not happy. Most corals take a couple of days to fully acclimate and I ya keep moving him it may take even longer. :)

Back
Top Bottom