Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard4s

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Tmc microhabitat 7 gallon aquarium, I bought some putty to stick my corals on live rock and it clouded my whole tank! All my corals have closed up and I woke up this morning to find my clown fish dead :( the water is clear again now but corals are still closed, any advise?

Wizard4s said:
I have a Tmc microhabitat 7 gallon aquarium, I bought some putty to stick my corals on live rock and it clouded my whole tank! All my corals have closed up and I woke up this morning to find my clown fish dead :( the water is clear again now but corals are still closed, any advise?

Man sorry to hear that :( that's terrible! What putty did you buy?! Was it waterproof?

I don't think so it was quite happy and had a lot of room, bonded with my hairy mushroom coral too which it loved to sleep in

The epoxy was horribly and ended up going everywhere it really crumbled up

Wizard4s said:
I know I'm gutted I had the clownfish almost 2 years here's the link for the putty, yeah it's waterproof, never using this again, my cleaner shrimp is now also dead :( http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/accessories-5/reef-construction-aids-1525/d-d-aquascape-construction-epoxy-coralline-algae-colour-246885.html

Aww man! :( that's terrible!! If I lost my clown and cleaner, I'd be devastated! You should contact the makers of the product and try to get some kind of compensation!!

Sounds like it was definitely the putty :(

I use that epoxy for my tank and it's fine. It doesn't work that well though unless I did something wrong...So sorry for your losses.

Back
Top Bottom