hob for reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reyma10

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am I able to use two hob filters for a reef tank because I have no room for refugium

Lots of users on here have modded HOB fixtures into refugiums and most have done so for very little money. If you use the search feature, and type in, "modded HOB" there are lots of threads that detail how to do so. I plan on using an Aquaclear 30 on my 20 long reef tank.

I have added cheato and a light to my hob filter, but my hob refugium/skimmer should be here any day. I'm hoping that works better

And how are u supposed to put that in a hob filter do u eliminate the cartridges for it or leave it there

reyma10 said:
And how are u supposed to put that in a hob filter do u eliminate the cartridges for it or leave it there

HOB filters like, Aquaclear, do not use cheesy cartridges. With these filters you choose the media you want and in what order you want them. That is why so many users on this site use them. Easy customization.

Mine had a spot for a bacterial filter. Of course that's not needed with all the live rock and with it removed I could reposition my other sections and allowed the cheato ball. A simple CFL is all the light it needs

Back
Top Bottom