Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crystal! Just read your entire thread. You have came a long way and the tank looks amazing. This thread has inspired me to possibly do my own biocube someday. Not for a long time but I will definitely get one. Great job!!

Looks great crystal! Btw i didnt know theres a limit on the photos, well im using the app for iphone, will i be affected by this "limit"

Looks great crystal! Btw i didnt know theres a limit on the photos, well im using the app for iphone, will i be affected by this "limit"

Yes you will! lol. Ive only used an iphone and I'm not allowed to upload pictures. :( Lol.

Crystal, your tank is amazing! When I shoot for the best with my fish tanks, I'm going for something like yours. :)

Jmay your not doing to bad yourself! Ya already got me beat you have a fish ROOM. :) thanks for the comments guys and yes mrry you to will fill up you photo bucket eventually.

Jmay your not doing to bad yourself! Ya already got me beat you have a fish ROOM. :) thanks for the comments guys and yes mrry you to will fill up you photo bucket eventually.

Haha. thank you! I do love my fish room. :)

MrRy, she's right, photobucket is a good alternative!

So two days in a row I have seen this white worm on my Xenia. It's when it's lights out in the morning when as I always do I check my tank before going to work. So far I don't think it's doing any harm but I'm also not sure if it is a Bristol or not? It dosent have any bristols and is white. It is located right at the base of the heads going across the stem. Any thoughts are welcomed. :)

Attachments

• image-1698453245.jpg
    image-1698453245.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 100
Okay so I was trying to figure out why my gonipora coral kept closing at the top half well after a bit of stareing I have come to realize my clowns are hosting it. I didn't think my clowns would host being tank raised. Now this poses a problem I don't want them to kill it. Anyone else have experience with this?

Attachments

• image-1698003609.jpg
    image-1698003609.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 98
Goniopora doesn't have a great success rate in home aquaria. That being said, having clowns host probably adds to the difficulty.

That's what I thought. I think I might move it. Do you think the clowns will forget about it if I move it. It is in a good spot that it likes the only other option is on the sand bed. If I put it down there the pistol will bury it. Man why did they just start hosting.

That's what I thought. I think I might move it. Do you think the clowns will forget about it if I move it. It is in a good spot that it likes the only other option is on the sand bed. If I put it down there the pistol will bury it. Man why did they just start hosting.

If your clowns are anything like mine they will follow their host. When I had a nem for mine they would go wherever it went. Now I have them hosting an Elegance Coral and everyone stays put!

Okay I will still give it a try and see. They arnt in it all the time yet so I might have a fighting chance. If not I will have to take it back even though I really don't want to. I have seem some flower pots that will allow clowns to host but I guess it depends on the coral. Thanks for the advice. :)

My clown was trying to host the frogspawn, but then she got really aggressive and biting at other fish that wandered by. So I moved it, and she didn't follow. She swam over and looked at it in the new area, but then swam back to her normal area. It's worth a try to move it. From what I e read, clowns hiding a flowerpot coral is bad news.

Update. Thanks for the advice peps. I did move the gonipora to the sand so far the clowns don't care but we will see.

I did remove the worm that was on the Xenia. Over the last few days I noticed heads of Xenia floating around the tank so I thought self get rid of it. Lol now I know worms are our friends but this guy lived on that particular coral which lead me to belive it was eating it. Here is a pic if anyone has a clue as to what it is. Thanks. :)

Still kinda creeped me out so I erred on the side of caution. Didn't quite look like any Bristol I had seen but it did have the spines only they looke hairer and longer like they would be soft to the touch. I just found it strange that it was only on that particular coral and this was during the day not just at night. It was pretty brasin as I tryed to get it out you would figure it would try to retreat in the rock work but it didn't just kept winding around the coral. On the bright side the gonipora looks happier. :)

Went to chapters today and got me a new book. It's called ocean the worlds last wilderness revealed. It done by Fabian Cousteau. Super excited.

Went to chapters today and got me a new book. It's called ocean the worlds last wilderness revealed. It done by Fabian Cousteau. Super excited.

Is that the one with the jelly fish on the front of it? Lol. I've heard it's a good one!

Back
Top Bottom