Jbj 28 gallon nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a new addition today. A pulsing Xenia. The tank has been running smoothly since the hammer coral died so I thought why not. Acclimated and is now in the tank. :)
They had Pygmy angels there but no cherub. I decided to still hold out for this particular fish. The pygmey is beautiful but the blue is a lot darker then in the cherub. I will call the lfs this week to speak with the guy who orders and see if they are possible to get if not I will go with the pygmey. This cherub angel is apparently the Houdini of the fish world. Lol

Sorry to hear about your hammer.... I picked up a two-headed frag of purple-tipped hammer a month ago, and would be rather bummed if he died. Good luck with your xenia.... I tried one, but it didn't like my system.

Get your RODI up & running yet??

Thanks man. :) ya I got the rodi going. I don't have it plumbed in, I just plugin and use then unplug. So far I've only flooded the kitchen twice. Lol :D I don't understand how something fills a bucket so slow and I still manage to flood the place!

Thanks man. :) ya I got the rodi going. I don't have it plumbed in, I just plugin and use then unplug. So far I've only flooded the kitchen twice. Lol :D I don't understand how something fills a bucket so slow and I still manage to flood the place!

Lol as I was this reading this a light goes off in my head "oh **** " forgot my rodi filling last night , ran outta the bathroom and luckily it was just barely two the top if me secondary tub for when I do over fill it ..sheesh

LOL.... ALWAYS set a timer if there's a chance of flooding, but I'm guessing you've now learned that lesson!! My RODI is in the basement next to the washer, so I put my fill bucket in the wash basin.... if it fills & overflows, it just goes down the drain. However, I do occasionally put my waste line into the washer to do laundry, and did overfill that once..... once. :lol:

K so what do you all think. The lfs has Pygmy angels. I was looking for a cherub angel. They are both beatutiful fish. Would you hold out for the cherub or get the Pygmy? I hate choices. :)

Attachments

• image-970173093.jpg
    image-970173093.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-2762162126.jpg
    image-2762162126.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 71
K so what do you all think. The lfs has Pygmy angels. I was looking for a cherub angel. They are both beatutiful fish. Would you hold out for the cherub or get the Pygmy? I hate choices. :)

I don't know much about angel fish. But judging only by the pictures, I would go with the black one depending on other tank mates. :)

Oooooh...... tough choice. I've seen both of them in person, and could vote for either, but if it were me, I'd hold out for the cherub.

If you been waiting this long for a fish you want I would wait and get it. Nothing worse than regretting you hadn't waited and feel like your "centerpiece" fish isn't there cuz you rushed into a replacement. Btw have you thought about ordering one online or are you out of the country and don't have online vendors?

In Canada they don't have online shoppers as far as I know. Thanks for the input. Patience it's not one of my best vertues. I will wait. :)

Hi crystal! I was going through your thread to see what ive missed since i was gone for too long and i just want to say im so sorry about the hammer :(. Thats my favorite btw. Post some update pics on your tank . Love to see it :)

Good to hear from ya. Ya kinda sucked losing the hammer. Note to self don't change flow ever again! Everything else is doing well. I will post some new pics soon. How's your tank doing?

Good to hear from ya. Ya kinda sucked losing the hammer. Note to self don't change flow ever again! Everything else is doing well. I will post some new pics soon. How's your tank doing?

I love love love your tank!! It's inspired me to really want a biocube! I love how easy it is to see everything in it from every direction.

Quick question on the hammer. do they need a lot of flow or minimal flow? I just got one and I'm having to go out of town. I want to make sure it's right before I get on the road.

Mine was moderate flow. Thanks for the compliments. :) really it's what the coral deems as happy. Sometimes you have to try different places until you find the sweet spot.

Some updated pics. :) enjoy

Attachments

• image-3502569853.jpg
    image-3502569853.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image-3783444402.jpg
    image-3783444402.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1370988467.jpg
    image-1370988467.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3205087529.jpg
    image-3205087529.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 107
Wow! You have a beautiful tank. I can't believe your coralline growth! Any tips on how you got it to grow like that? I've had my tank up for almost two years and haven't had any at all.

Thanks guys appreciate the comments. The coraline just grew. I seeded the tank and there it is. I'm pretty faithful with water changes so I think the calcium levels are what's feeding the coraline. It's quite amazing stuff. :)

Back
Top Bottom