little tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arizona reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
my friend had one heck of a mean arc eye hawk fish and he was gonna flush it down the drain. i couldn't have this so i took it from him. i didnt want to add it to my tank so i went and bought one of those cheapo 5 gallon bow front selfcontained acric aquariums that you see at wallmart all the time. i put him and about 15 pound of live rock from my tank in there.i feed him feeder fish one day and flake food the next. hes doing really well. all i have in the tank is him and 2 snails. he seems happy. do you think he will be ok in there? also is there anything else i can put in there with him(not a fish) like maybe some mushrooms or some green algae.a brittle star maybe? im not sure so id figure id ask

The Arc eye doesn't really need anything else but you will not be able to maintain it in the 5 gal for too long. The fish gest about 4-5" as a max adult size so it will become cramped over time. Even though they are somewhat sedentary, it will eventually affect the fish's health.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom