Maintenance Question: Business Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patryuji

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Due to the small volume of water in a nano, would I be best off not starting a tank since I go on business trips of 3-4 days at least one time a month?

I don't have any problems with my planted tanks (feed + dose all of them the morning when I leave and then again when I come back).

It seems that you have to do water changes and top offs constantly with a nano (partly because it is best to keep it open top?).

I'd like to hear from anyone else who is travelling 20% or more and how successful they have been with a nano. BTW - there is no one at my place and I would not ask any of my friends to do the maintenance for me while gone because I travel EVERY month, none of my friends have fish, and I'm paranoid that something would go wrong.

You could always add an automatic top-off device and a jug of RO/DI water if you have a place that is out of sight to put it.

Okay,
thanks for the tip. I think auto-top off would be great...but I'll just shelve the idea of a salt water tank for now and instead buy a telescope.

Back
Top Bottom