MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just started getting these within the past three days. I had a TON of baby snails start showing up in the tank as well, but these to me are more like flat drops of white. Looks exactly like your pic.

I just used a magfloat to scrape them off, but to be honest they are super hard to get off, and leave a small "spot" where I can't completely get it off.

When you say baby snails showed up did you have eggs in your tank that hatched? If not you might want to do a little research on pyramid snails.

Found out what mine are! Did abit of research and found some pics that looked exactly the same as mine and description that matched. They are...Spirorbid polychaetes! So I an add them to my list along with, feather dusters, barnacles, peanut worms, pods, bristle worms and baby clam I have now found in my tank! **** I love this game!!

Tmc do it mj but they are wholesale only and don't sell to public, i can pick you some up when im there in a fortnight? Where are you based?

Lol long way for a pick up im in northants, could probably post it out to you though dude.

Need help everyone! My tank has been running great for a few weeks iv completely cleared up the bubble and hair algae after my cycle tests have been great! Haven't changed anything in my tank. Iv just done my every other day tests raise last week my nitrates were at 20ppm tonight however my salinity has dropped from 1.025 to 1.021!! I'm getting a reading of 0.50ppm of ammonia!! 0 Nitrites, 10ppm. Nitrates and 8.2 ph! My coralline algae is all turning white!! Anyone know what could have happend? Iv not had anything die and I only feed my one fish te smallest pinch of food every two days? What's happening?

Im not too sure mate, send me your postcode and how you'd like it sent and ill get it priced up for you if you want.
Sorry to hear about your tank crash im not too sure what could of caused this tbh.

Think I may have just got some posted out to me I'll let you know if it doesn't arrive lol. Tank is ok now I did a water change and ordered some new salifert test kits and tank is running ok except for 10 nitrates hopefully the cheato will sort that out. Safe to say I won't be using API test kits again!

Buffy, on another thread I'm following just bought a bunch of strips thinking the same thing. Several of our lighting experts assured her that while her corals may look better, it certainly would NOT help them grow.

I can't personally say from experience.

Feeling sad don't know what's going on with my tank! All levels are fine, I just bought all new salifert test kits as my API ones I didn't trust! So levels are great salinity and temp are fine, all ok in my tank this morning. Came home from LFS with a cleaner shrimp and clown fish, whilst acclimating them noticed the biggest of my hermits in between two rocks. He was just hanging Limply out of his shell. It looked as though he was stick between two rocks so I tried getting him out, as soon as I touched the shell his body floated out, I was mortified!!! First loss in my tank! I put it down to being trapped in rocks then I looked at the bottom of my tank and noticed the second biggest hermit was also dead! Now really worried for my new fish and shrimp. Tested my levels again and all come back ok using salifert and api kits? I haven't got a clue what's going on and I have had a diatom bloom for about a week! I'm getting really stressed I have no Idea what else to test for??

If I remember correctly, salinity, pH, temp and alk were all shrimp killers if out of whack.

Checked again today all levels come back good??? Done my weekly water change anyway do hopefully that will help whatever this is. This business is tricky lol. My Clowns and shrimp look like they are doing ok anyway do that's good. Saw the Red Sea Max 500 yesterday! I need to get one so once iv bought my house in October and done all necessary revamps on it I'm allowed to upgrade to a RSM 650!!! Whooop!

It seems as though the two dead hermit crabs I pulled out of my tank were Molts :/ didn't know the hermits molted lol! What a dumbass. Was watching my tank in the dark last night and I noticed something big turned on the lights and it was my first hermit who I thought had died he was noticeably bigger and had a mahoosive shell! He's green and beige iv never seen one before anybody know what he is? Also one I my Blue legged hermits is actually black with white vertical strips going down his legs and red antennas?

Back
Top Bottom