MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjpendrey

Aquarium Advice Freak
So finally bought my tank, I got a 20 gallon Betta Lifespace nano. Next day delivery but it's Sunday so I expect or will get here Tuesday, so excited I can finally start my own build thread. Going to take a while as I'm currently buying my house and to get the tank I have to raise all my own money so iv been selling everything on eBay haha. Going to have two Clownfish, firefish and a goby + cleanup crew! Please feel free to comment an follow along :D

I'm joining this one, my 20g nano has been running for 4 months, are you from the UK, I think I saw that in goldies thread?!

Ok mate, loads of algae at the moment, just installed a protein skimmer today to improve things.

Here are a couple of old ones, I'll post some more in the week.

Attachments

• image-3060720695.jpg
    image-3060720695.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 364
Another one! My first coral.

Attachments

• image-3988409092.jpg
    image-3988409092.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 361
Mjpendrey said:
Nice how much rock you got in that badboy?

You know what I didn't really weigh it, just kept putting it in until it looked right. Prob about 8 lb???

Pic taken tonight, looking forward to seeing you tank up and running!

Attachments

• image-301487479.jpg
    image-301487479.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 359
Not happy my tank was supposed to arrive yesterday so I emailed the people they have just rang me saying that they have discontinued the silver version and only have black left and then went onto trying to sell me a complete package for £500 when I said no he got all rude asking why I didn't want the live rock sand etc and what on earth am I planning todo with the tank. I told him that I already have a plan and I don't know what it is todo with you but then he got all abrupt and was like so when do you want this tank? I said well considering I took the day off work to wait for it then I'll have to have it Friday on my next day off! Some people are so rude!

Not happy my tank was supposed to arrive yesterday so I emailed the people they have just rang me saying that they have discontinued the silver version and only have black left and then went onto trying to sell me a complete package for £500 when I said no he got all rude asking why I didn't want the live rock sand etc and what on earth am I planning todo with the tank. I told him that I already have a plan and I don't know what it is todo with you but then he got all abrupt and was like so when do you want this tank? I said well considering I took the day off work to wait for it then I'll have to have it Friday on my next day off! Some people are so rude!

WOAH! You should complain. That is so rude! Is that the same company as the one I went to? The exact same one?

They don't have the best customer service, I had to wait an extra week. On the website it said it was in stock, then when it went passed 4 days I rang up and he said 'sorry, it's not in stock, you'll have to wait a bit longer'

Anyway, how is your plan coming along? What have you saved for so far?

No the place you got yours from is now discontinued, so I payed 240 for the silver version with the matching silver and glass stand so it wouldn't look out of place in the same room as my silver tropical tank, but iv now ended up with the black one such I don't mind but I have no idea what stand I'm getting he just said the stand has a door and I forgot to ask what it was like. So holiday in 3 weeks and then when I get back I get paid a week later so I'm going to buy my RO unit test kit and refractometer I have a hydrometer but it's crap! Then the month after that comes the rock, sand and powerhead unless I feel like splashing out and dipping into my mortgage deposit money lol Which I may just do. Iv decided on a purple fire-fish or a royal gramma, two clowns and a orange prawn goby or a diamond goby. Hard choices lol. Oh I also bought a digital thermometer and a mag float today :) so excited!

Man dont you hate waiting for when you have the money. I wish I could have like ten tanks lol. Realy like your list sounds like an awsome tank. Are you thinking about doing corals just curious lol

I'm with u. I didn't know how interesting corals were when I started. Now I think they're the coolest part of the reef setup

Back
Top Bottom