Need bio cube help?? I'm your guy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fan doesnt even have to be that close to the tank. My room fan is about 4 feet away, on high, and blows directly towards tank. I have the back part open. Try it. It works. If need be, take one of those little 6 inch fans from walmart on the open part on back. Your heater will be working overtime. But in a good way.

Just wondering, do you absolutely pack the middle of the sump with chaeto? Because I was going to stick some in my JBJ as well once I get an led strip.

Actually my question is does anyone know what we should do about the red algae on the coral? I hate to scrub it off and damage the coral. It's red and stringy and spreading. Or just decreasing the light cycle from 8-6 will cure the problem? We can feel air blowing out at the top of the hood at the right of the top but not on the left. I'm thinking it might be the internal fan needs to be replaced. The one under the metal plate under the hood. I guess I won't know till we play aquarium mechanic.

You just need to check that the fans are working. Most fans are designed as one taking in air while the other blows it out. Obviously, you won't feel air movement over the vent of the one taking air in. :)

Actually my question is does anyone know what we should do about the red algae on the coral?

Manually pull off any that you can (e.g., clumps off the sand bed, or any stringy ones you can grab off the corals). Blow the rest off with a turkey baster or a powerhead. Look at the circulation in your tank and see if you need anymore powerheads. Two is adequate enough (sump and one in the tank). Do weekly water changes of at least 10%.

This is just a phase and it won't take long to go away. Also ask your self whether you are feeding too much.

As for your cooling question, just take the glass lid all of your tank and have a fan blowing on it. You can buy one that mounts to your tank and turns on with your HQI timer.

Back
Top Bottom