Operation clown goby rescue!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with bribo 40 b all the way. IMHO any fish you can fit in a 55 you could do in a 40b and shallow reefs are SO MUCH easier to work in and scape

Yeah but the 40b is 18" wide. That allows for some crazy aquascaping and coral. A 55 is so narrow

Very true. The only thing with the 40 is that finding a stand is nearly impossible, so I'll have to DIY or something!

I'm trying to find a place to get my baffles done, but none of the places near me do it.

How handy are you or your dad? You can make a stand for $40, but I bet there is something at petco you could use

Yeah $200 at petco! I can make one, but it will take me a while. I build a lot of halloween decorations, so I know how, it's just time that's a worry.

You know, a sump is really making me mad right now. NONE of my glass shops will sell just glass, or cut it, and lowes only offers 3/32" thick panels. Plus the expense of the return. I think my wallet would be better off without one. As for the tank, not really sure.

This might count as thread hijacking though, so might want to move this over to mine.

The 40b would also be easier to run hob :D and it's my thread so if I'm in the conversation it can't really be hijacking.

There both sumped, but a reef octopus bh series skimmer (I believe it's the 1000) works great on my buddies 40. He also runs an ac110 to hide his heater to clean up the tank a little

Oh yeah, I'll go with a reef octopus HOB. I think I'll pick up the tank tomorrow.
Normally my trips to the store never work out as planned, so who knows what I'll end up with...

Here's the corals!
Blue Voodoo
FuZtOVg.jpg
[/IMG]
wGZy0PG.jpg

Zoas
UjGDuGr.jpg

Here's the corals!

Blue Voodoo

FuZtOVg.jpg
[/IMG]

wGZy0PG.jpg

Zoas

UjGDuGr.jpg

Love that acro, are the polyps really greenish? And those I'm going to have to find some of those z's I love that color combo, did they give you a name?
Edit: and that is a really cool picture with the big colony in the back ground. And you seem to have a coralline problem :p

Nope just blue/ green zoas. They are like a real blue, I've never seen them like that. The acros polyps are nice and green :)

Probably freshly cut, and you probably made the right choice if they were. I don't really enjoy playing nurse to sps frags, too stressful

Well now I've got some searching to do, first find a name for those z's, second find some one selling that morph. There you go giving me ideas again :D

Back
Top Bottom