Setting up the 5 gallon finally :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, my 5 gallon has 6 lbs of argonite in it, and is filled with water. by tomorrrow it should be clear again. (been filtering for 3 days now) It has a 20 watt 10k PC light over it, 2 power heads and a power filter. Tank temp is at 78*F and holding steady for 2 days. Tomorrow I add salt to match my LFS's salinity. They already have 10lbs of live rock set aside for me already cured, I pick up 7.5 lbs of my choosin on friday, wait for tank to stabilize, and then getting my clean up crew :)

Already have the hydrometer as well, almost a years worth of salt, have a cheap saltwater test kit right now, gonna pick up a liquid kit this friday as well.

Now I just need to figure out how to set up the power heads. I have 2 80gph power heads I can turn down a good bit. At how the are set up, there is very little surface agitation, do I need to change that? how much?

I plan on getitng a refractometer, but I am going ot have to order it, prolly from liveaquaria since that is wher eI get most of my fish. All the LFS's only carry hydrometers, so that is what is being used for the time being.

I dont have the room to point my power heads liek that the tank is only like 12 inch across, is a 5 gallon Hex tank, about 15 inches tall, 12 or so across. I will see what I can do though to get some decent surface ripple out of them.

Back
Top Bottom