the new nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
so some one came in to work todya (lfs) and asked if we had the new nano cube. i guess the new one has 2 24 watt pc in it. it is the same as the 1st one but with 2x the lighting. i think i am going to have to find one and order it. hmmm maybe i can not have some small clams or some thing. 48 watt on a 12 gal tank that is a ton of light. just a heads up on the new stuff.

those nano cube things look cool. Since you seem to know a bit about them, do you know if it comes with the filteration systems and skimmers and everything? Or do those have to be purchased seperately?

comes with built in wet/dry filtration system, skimmer not included (not even sure if one would fit) - saw one last week completely setup and running at a lfs, very nice looking tank indeed...

yes they are very cool looking. and now with the 48watt pc in them you can keep any thing in that little tank. i am going to try some small clams i think. but i dont thing there would be anu room for a skimmer in that thank. but they do have a 109 gph pump in it on the retun of the wet dry.

I also heard rumors of them coming out with a 20 gal. cube. Lighting will be 2x36 watts. Something a bit bigger. I have seen many aon the nano cubes set up and they do look nice. May need a built-in fan now.

Thats even better! I am looking now because somewhere in one of my fish magazines or maybe online.... I saw a nano stand...would look real nice next to my desk.

umm i know for a fact tat the first nao cube had 2 fans in the top of it and the 2nd one has the same number of fas. i do not think one would have a heating issue with the cube. we have some set up at work and they do look very nice. i 5think i just might have to get the 12 gal one with the 2x 24 watt pc in it.

SWEET ! I can't wait to see them to get one ! I'll be getting one for my bunk room @ the fire station ! Some sand, few pounds of live rock a fish and a clam, maybe a cleaner shrimp.... I can't wait !

The current nano probablly does have a fan built in, I have just never looked that close. I love the idea of more lighting, that is the only reason I have not got one for the office yet.

dangit! now I want one for my desK at work! That would look so sweet next to my new workstation!

...one thing at a time matt, one think at a time....

well as for price i dont know. like i said it is very new and hard to find right now. most online web sites dont have them yet.but i just started setting up my 12 gal tank to have a new home for some black clown fish that are really cool looking at work. we have had them for about 2 weeks no and no one wants them. after that tank have the 2 clowns and some live rock in it it will be time to set up a new nano tank and have some clams in it. but i have found out that it is nice to have one sw tank up and running so you can get some free ls from it.

well i jsut talked to the perosn who order the cube for my lfs. he said they are not in the usa yet. (they are still on the ship being sent) but our lfs will be the first one to get them in the state of MN. also the 20 gal cube is real. and they are talking about adding some way to hook up your own skimmer. as it will not have one in it. but there is no idea when that will show up for sale.

well if its already on the ships, what good is the skimmer thingy idea now?

well no the 20 gal with the skimmer thing is not done being made. that is still and idea that is working out. the one with the 48 watt pc is on the ship right now.

How much will they be costing when they get to the united states? I might think of getting a job and get some money for one!!!!! :D Something cheap and make it into a reef, if I get one Ill fill it with lr, let it cycle naturally with the lr, then I will get the lighting upgrade, 2 phs, and I think I would probably put a pair of clowns along with an anemone and fill it with corals! :) If two clowns would fit in a tank like that?

http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_nanocube_pix.html Check those pics of the nanos out, the top left corner nano has a co2 reactor on it LOL :lol: Heres a place on the internet that sells the nano cube, the stand, and the 24w bulbs http://petsolutions.com/product.asp?pn=92412032&bhcd2=1094317074
Dr.Foster and smith even has them on the website, they are pleased with the nano cube :) http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...tid=10677&Ne=40000&R=10441&Nao=9&N=2004+62760
They even have special nano cube lr! :lol:http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=24&pCatId=1949

Back
Top Bottom