the new nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just picked one up yesterday. The Nano with the single PC. Paid alittle more than the link above, but I got it now. I transfered sand from my main tank along with some live rock and used the water from my main tank also. (I was doing a water change anyway)

Instant cycled tank. Letting it run until Sunday and will check out the water and make sure everything is OK. Got the LFS holding 2 baby seahorses (about 1-1/2")for me. If everything checks OK, I will have them in the tank Sunday night. If not, they will hold them until I am ready. I paid for them already.

I got the tank for 89.00, and the stand for 89.00. About $30 more than PetSolutions, but no shipping and (or) waiting. :mrgreen: :lol:

edit: Ooops, forgot that I got a couple of soft corals for the nano also.
Mike

lando said:
The current nano probablly does have a fan built in, I have just never looked that close. I love the idea of more lighting, that is the only reason I have not got one for the office yet.

Would it heat the water too high?

it is not in the states yet. this is what i am getting from the guy who orders then from jbj. but i guess he has a ton of them on order and we will be the first lfs in mn to get them from what he said. i will tell you all when we get them as i will have to get one too.

I have the current nano cube sitting rite next to me now. It does not have fans but it does however have the cuttouts, vents, and mounting hole drilled for the fans. So i dont know if that means you can add the fans or what.

Also it looks like you could maybe add another light if you change out the reflector because the space is there its just that the reflector is one peice and the way it is shaped it does not allow installation for the other light.

Maybe they will come out with an upgrade kit for the old nano cubes that will include new light and fans.

The original JBJ Nano Cube does not have any fans built in. What they do have is two grated exhaust ports with four screw receivers so that you can "retro" a 60mm fan onto either one or both of these openings.
Seems like someone in R&D thought of the idea & when it went to manufacturing, they scraped the idea to keep cost down.
I've spent a few hundred dollars to set up my "$99" Nano Cube :mrgreen:

Here is a pic of my Nano Cube. I got some coral in it along with a 4 inch Yellow Seahorse and a small 1-2" Yellow Seahorse. So far everything is going real well. Both are eating real good. My wife feeds them by hand twice a day. I have only had them since Sunday morning and they already know who she is...LOL "The Lady that feeds them"

I got it setting right next to my 125 gallon tank....it looks so small there, but it looks good.

Mike

wow that is nice lloking. when the new nano cube comes out i will get it and have some clams with a few seahorses. the lfs near me has a ton of small one that they have gotten to eat 3x a day. but they are only about 1-1.5 inches long

I just found out today the 20 GAL nano cube is already for sale. Afriend of mine brought in a pinted page of the 20 gal nano cube for sale on ebay.
I think it was $130.00 it measures 17x19x19.

I was pissed that i found this out now after i just recently got the 12 gal.
i could really used the little extra space. Oh well.

How easy would it be to add lighting to the original nano cube? I'm thinking about getting one for my dorm room but I want to keep some anemonies and a couple clownfish. How much light would i really need for a tank that size?

Back
Top Bottom