140 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlsrks

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking about converting my 140 gallon FW tank to a SW FOWLR. My plan is to stock a variation of different tangs, and some trigger, butterfly, and/or rabbitfish. Are these compatible together? Any suggestions on the stocking? And how many do you think I can have in that size tank?

I'm thinking Koren angelfish, Raccoon butterfly, Foxface, Blond Nano tang and powder blue tang. Also do you think I can move my sailfin tang in this tank? He is in a 75 gallon right now.

Yes you could move your sailing. A 75 is too small for him. Also, a 140 is too small for a koran and a naso long term. If you're going to upgrade or get rid of then then sure. But they will get too big.

Thanks. Actually I have three tanks. 29, 75, and the 140. Trying to decide what I want in each. 29 gallon only about 6 months old. In that one is FOWLR. 75 gallon is mixed reef tank. The 140 gallon I is still being planned. Would like to have some bigger fish in that one. Just not sure what to stock it with. It will be another FOWLR. I just like the fish I mentioned.

Just always ask before you buy. You could get those fish but you need to remove them once they get too large.

Thanks. Maybe I will just rethink my stocking ideas. One more question though. Am I able to put in different tangs or butterfly's together? Not both but one or the other.

I don't have experience with butterfly's, but I assume so if they're added at the same time and they don't resemble eachother very much. If you add tangs at the same time and they don't look a lot like eachother theyll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom