75 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, I have went back and fourth on that one. I just feel like I want something more stationary that I can mount in my basement.

Not completely sure how I feel about it but I ordered a RODI unit today. I went with the one that was recommended by Carey that she got off of ebay. I decided with what it costs and as much stuff as I want to buy I couldn’t really go wrong with it. Plus, if I do have problems, it wont be the first time I’ve lost money on the tank lol.

Check and see if the filters are standard 10" tall. If so, I would recommend looking to other places for replacements as I saw the replacements being sold by the same company were really expensive. I got mine from airwaterice.com and the replacements are very reasonably priced.

I know you already bought one, but I want to put in a plug for the Kent Marine Unit. I bought one 18 years ago and had a leak last year after continuous operation all that time. With no argument, Kent sent me the parts I needed at NO COST. You don't see that anymore, so I had to give them a plug.

Not completely sure how I feel about it but I ordered a RODI unit today. I went with the one that was recommended by Carey that she got off of ebay. I decided with what it costs and as much stuff as I want to buy I couldn’t really go wrong with it. Plus, if I do have problems, it wont be the first time I’ve lost money on the tank lol.

You can't go wrong for the price really. :)

Plus it gets our feet wet with an ro/di unit so if we need a bigger or better one we can always upgrade.

I got my ro/di unit yesterday. How should this be mounted? I have heard standing up... Also I added 15 hermits, 15 astrea snails, and about 50lbs of LR to the tank today. It is real nice looking stuff with lots of purple. Im gonna get the ro/di unit running tomorrow. Im off to work in a couple hours. Ill try to get a pic tonight or tomorrow.

You can't go wrong for the price really. :)

Plus it gets our feet wet with an ro/di unit so if we need a bigger or better one we can always upgrade.

Carey, you are posting at an alarming rate on this website LOL some quick rounding math, I believe you to be somewhere around 40 posts/day. Can you say addicted

Current pic
img_1399620_0_373037b633a1311c7f428ffb8b6e8f9a.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1399620_1_179d6b6866c2dcab26b62dfc0f474e5c.jpg
[/IMG]
img_1399620_2_758419b152ccc84e14e0e1b7962e8435.jpg
[/IMG]

Yea, doesn’t take anything away from the length of the tank. It almost sits like a widened horseshoe in my tank with some open sandbed in the middle. I still have lots of room for corals.

My ro/di unit is running strong. How much should should I dump before I use any in the tank?

I dont know about your unit but the one I have recommended after disinfecting it to run it for 24 hours before using water from it.

Well I dumped the first 10 gallons it made, and used the next 5 already in my tank. I have heard nothing about disinfecting it before and therefore did no such thing. How would you disinfect it? Should I be worried ?

ive never heard anything about disinfecting it either with mine i just dumped the first 10 gallons and began using it

oh good, hopefully this will get my hair algae under control

Back
Top Bottom