75g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ooo pretty!!! what kind of sump is that? I like the corner mounting of the filter sock, mine is dead center in my sump and takes up a ton of room. lol

carey said:
ooo pretty!!! what kind of sump is that? I like the corner mounting of the filter sock, mine is dead center in my sump and takes up a ton of room. lol

Thanks! It's a Trigger Systems 30" crystal model. They have a Ruby model that I really wanted, but it was about 2" too wide. Didn't want to dismantle the whole system if something went awry in the sump. :)

A few pics of this, now, slow...build

image-1284551709.jpg

image-3108888251.jpg

image-1254752024.jpg

Going to use a 5gal carboy as an ATO reservoir.

Getting there slowly...

You're going to make your water under the tank? Where will the water come from and where will the waste go? I'm sorry, just dont get it. LOL

carey said:
You're going to make your water under the tank? Where will the water come from and where will the waste go? I'm sorry, just dont get it. LOL

No, not making water, just going to hold my top off water once it's up and running.

Setup looks great! I will be following :) Hope all goes well and I also have a very slow build going on. I can't wait until my aquarium is up and running and to see your's too.

curiousclam120 said:
Setup looks great! I will be following :) Hope all goes well and I also have a very slow build going on. I can't wait until my aquarium is up and running and to see your's too.

I appreciate it!! The tank is now tentatively scheduled to get here Tuesday. Fingers crossed...

Bit of a let down yesterday, as the tank didn't arrive as scheduled. Next Tuesday it is now...

So I need the opinion of everyone. I'm placing my Pukani dry rock order with Bulk Reef Supply tomorrow, and I'm planning on 50 lbs. do you guys think that will be enough for a 75? I don't want a ton of rock and I understand the Pukani to be very light and porous as compared to their other varieties. So what do you think??

I think the pukani is a good choice. I was gonna get a bit this week too but ran out of money. LOL

If you are going full on reef then it's recommended to get between 1 and 1.5 lbs per gallon. So the 50lbs is a good start. :) You might find you want more rock as time goes on and you can add base rock at any time with no cycling or other issues.

carey said:
I think the pukani is a good choice. I was gonna get a bit this week too but ran out of money. LOL

If you are going full on reef then it's recommended to get between 1 and 1.5 lbs per gallon. So the 50lbs is a good start. :) You might find you want more rock as time goes on and you can add base rock at any time with no cycling or other issues.

Sounds good! 50 lbs as a start it is. Joined the group buy just in time! :)

So, 50lbs BRS Pukani rock should be here Wednesday and the tank should be here on Tuesday. Hopefully going to be a fun week!!

Plumbing finished! A few photos...

image-3515411367.jpg

image-3839563433.jpg

Sure hope it works!! Tried to avoid any harsh 90s and worked out plenty of unions to allow for any repairs. Guessing there will most likely be a few as this was my first plumbing adventure.

Aquarium is full of water for a test run on the plumbing and so far... No leaks!

image-2373565602.jpg

Wow, looks great already! You got some serious work done. :)

Plumbing looks god too, I'm up to that part on my rimless now and am still figuring out what i wanna do. Your work is giving me ideas, thanks for the pictures!

carey said:
Wow, looks great already! You got some serious work done. :)

Plumbing looks god too, I'm up to that part on my rimless now and am still figuring out what i wanna do. Your work is giving me ideas, thanks for the pictures!

Thanks!! Took a little bit of time, but it's silent, accessible and I like it. :)

Good luck with your plumbing!! I'm following along!

Back
Top Bottom