75g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that would be fine for soft coral. LPS too with a higher placement. Sounds like a perfect fit , and at the perfect price!
As long as tank is 24" in depth or under.

You know, 1 more of those fixtures and you could keep anything you want. But then you would be a slave to bulb replacement, like I am.
20-36" T5's, annually about $400... LED is def the way to go, looking into it myself.
What made you decide on Ecoxotic?

I like the modular design the most. Couple that with the new tank mount on the relatively new lighter weight fixtures and it gives a rimless tank a great look IMO.

I definitely want to go LED so that I won't be chained to bulb replacement, I'd rather spend that money on upgrading/adding modules. :)

Absolutely!!
There are just so many out there, my heads spinning. Wanted to know what made you chose the Eco's.
Good luck with your tank!

Interesting find today in the tank, a bristle worm. Why is that interesting? There is nothing that was "live" that was put in the aquarium. All dry base rock from BRS and dry sand. I actually enjoy the bristle worms being part of the clean up crew, just interesting to see...

Only thing I can figure is that it hitched a ride on either me or the turkey baster. About 6 inches. I was overcome with confusion yesterday!!

Alright, so I just got back with the freebie light fixture. Turns out its an Odyssea quad T5 HO fixture with a built in timer. Downfall, Odyssea. The positive, it was free!! Fixture is less than 6 months old and has new bulbs that were put in. I can't complain. So here's a couple of pictures showing the new fixture and the rock work.

image-2494435144.jpg

image-4112988361.jpg

image-2864108711.jpg

It's really much whiter than the iPhone camera can detect. So I'm thinking about adding a bit more rock to the scape to try and break up the shelf in the middle and add a little bit more height. I still have a piece or two of Pukani left over and there's already about 45lbs in there as is. What do you guys think?

Added the first fish yesterday, an engineer goby! Wish I could get a pic, but he's been busy making himself quite a home under some rock. Those things can really dig!! I'm glad I have all my rock sitting on the glass!

I added a few small pieces of rock to the scape last night to finish it off and then I'll be transferring a few of the corals over from the cube later today. Nothing too light demanding, rather some of the original corals from the cube which did great under the stock lighting when I had it. We'll see how this goes...

I happen to like your current rock work. :) Looks great to me, but if you think you can make it better then by all means give it a go. I am still re arranging rock and its been over a year for my 125g.

I have the exact odyssea fixture and it is fine. I grew soo many corals with it it's just silly. LOL I did however replace the bulbs to ATI ones which I believe helped tremendously. My fixture has individual reflectors which is usually only found in more expensive lights and makes a huge difference. So nice pull on the lights!! free can';t be beat

Congrats on your new Goby! Your tank looks so clean, I really like the rimless look too! (y)

I don't think our tanks are ever "done" LOL. There is always something to do I swear. I'm still messing with my tanks and some have been up over a year. Always tweaking and finding something new to do or try. Part of the reason why I like saltwater so much I think, you can never have the perfect tank or know everything. :-D

carey said:
I don't think our tanks are ever "done" LOL. There is always something to do I swear. I'm still messing with my tanks and some have been up over a year. Always tweaking and finding something new to do or try. Part of the reason why I like saltwater so much I think, you can never have the perfect tank or know everything. :-D

I agree!! Just moved over a few corals from the cube and now I'm thinking, what can I replace those with.... :)

It's been awhile since I updated, but I'm going through my Cyano stage it seems. It was pretty bad about a week ago, but it has gone away considerably with some due diligence on my part, with siphoning and cutting back the lights.

With that being said, I took a chance on some lettuce nudi's just because they look cool, and to my surprise, the 3 I have seem to be destroying the Cyano that is left in the tank. Here's a pic of one working on the worst rock...

image-220427721.jpg

Now, I know that nothing eats Cyano, but that rock was mostly covered yesterday!! Maybe he's going after some algae that's in there as well, but certainly a nice little side effect!!

Just a quick update...

The tank is cooking along really well!! My cyano has disappeared and I'm just waiting for whatever it decides to throw at me next. While I wait, I've been busy the last couple of months with adding some coral to the tank.

A few pics:

image-4176202127.jpg

Red Monti Cap

image-3879476669.jpg

Yellow Turbinaria

image-356560252.jpg

Labeled as a Chili Pepper Monti

image-2176342723.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick Monti and a small acan frag that's already grown 2 new heads!

image-3059821555.jpg

Green-Tipped Hammer

image-2647696618.jpg

A huge Green Bubble Coral that rapidly out grew my cube. It's about 8" across now.

image-2750105043.jpg

A small Green-Tipped Torch from the cube

image-1388463084.jpg

An Orange Monti with Blue polyps. The pic doesn't do this guy justice at all, as I had to take the pic from above the tank to get the most color to come through. This thing is like a neon beacon in the tank even with just the moon lights on. It's only been in there about a week and a half and its already encrusting onto the rock!!

image-2850607406.jpg

And finally just because it's the most interesting animal I think I've ever owned, a pink and green cucumber. It didn't extend it's sweepers for the first week and really started to thin out. Then, one day it extended out so I fed the crap out of it with cyclops and it plumped right back up!! This guy is a blast to watch!!!

image-853760146.jpg

Almost forgot the FTS!!

Let me know what you guys think, good or bad!!! I've got a lighting upgrade coming up next month with the Ecoxotics so I'm looking forward to the upcoming improvements...

Appreciate it!! Stupid FTS is crooked, I really need to get a camera other than my iPhone... :)

Back
Top Bottom