Acan Bleaching???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtisle506

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well Saturday i went to a swap and picked up 7 corals and a clam, everything is doing fantastic but one coral. The acan i got, i dont know the name but it is orange with a pink center. Since i put it into the tank it has never looked the way it was at the booth. It never really fully opened and never showed its real color, not it seems whitein some spots to be bleaching, i run 2 led units, 25/25 blue to white ratio at 2.5 watts a light. So i know the lighting is sufficiant, parameters are in check but nitrates are around 4-5. I have it on the sandbed, one more thing to mention.....i do have a flame angel in the tank, he nipped my chalices and made them perish.....he does nip the acans here and there but not to a extent, like sometimes when he swims by it he might do it once.....i dont think its enough to kill it or cause it to bleach......id say he nips it 5-10 times a day max........

Attachments

• image-2364981286.jpg
    image-2364981286.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 85
That's excessive nipping. Coral wont recover if not given the opportunity. I'd get rid of the fish. You can cover the coral with a strawberry basket or similar to recover but if the nipping continues it won't matter.

Back
Top Bottom