Breeding black clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forester

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone I have a 29g high and want to use it to breed black ocellaris clownfish. I have an aquaclear 110 on it now but I could use my fluval 305. Could I breed them in there and if so could you tell what I would need to do it. Would I have to have another tank for the babies or no and if so what size. I appreciate it alot.
Thanks
Forester

Stick to the 110 its more than enough filtration and you need a second tank to put the fry in as soon as they hatch but your going to have to be very pacient

A ten gallon tank for the babies would be great. A cheap sponge filter and a heater would be necessary. The setup is exactly the same as a QT. You have to feed them live food for their first week of life, so that is kind of a pain.

Would I just scoop the fry out with a net. Also will the parents try to protect the babies or will they just eat them. Finally what type of anemone should I have thanks.

You do not need a anemone, a clay pot will do best if you are breeding clownfish. No you do not want to scoop out the eggs with a net, the eggs can not touch the air. Hence having a clay pot that you can remove

spot on for tomchong.You can breed in any tank,filter type doesn't matter as long as it works well,Have a look at my thread about raising fry.

Back
Top Bottom