Clowens fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddcboys

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been doing this for 5 years now but this is the first time that I have had this problem and I am stumped. :?: I have a maroon clown fish in my big tank and it nests in a grees bubble tip anomie. I put another clown in the tank after his lovely stay in the QT and they went at it as some as I closed the lid. I got the little guy out but not before a he went a couple of rounds :( , he his tail got nipped a couple of time now he is back in the QT. Is there away for them to get along or what should I do??? You help will be helpful. :wink: [/code]

Clowns will fight.. When adding more than 1 clown to a tank you usually want to add them at the same time.. If they are 2 different species that could also be it as they do now like to intermix.. I have see some clowns fight at first and then lightien up as soon as they find out that the other fish is not leaving and learn to live but they will fight occasionally... I would just watch the 2 and make sure they are not beating each other too bad... BTW how big is the tank.. that could also have something to do with it.. They are territorial

HTH,
James

Is the second clown also maroon? One way to resolve the issue could be to remove the older maroon clown to the QT and then introduce him once the new one has settled in. HTH
Travis

You could also dramatically rearrange the rock. You've just added an intruder into the maroon's territory. If you re-arrange (seriously re-arrange), they will claim territory again, and you may avoid a lot of fights.

Yes they are both maroon clowns. There is not an excessive amount of live rock so I do not know if that will work but thanks for the Idea. I think that I will try you Idea travis and I will get back to you guys. Thanks for the help. 0X

Back
Top Bottom