Formula 1 frozen cubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainAhab

Thanx but no.....
So my LFS gave me a free sample of these.. Never used anything other than flake (years ago) and my own homemade. The food is suspended in this gel solution. Are you supposed to thaw it, then it dissolves.. and then you feed.. Or just throw the cube (or partial) in the tank as is?

Does it dissolve?

I melts, but is still a gel, all bound up. I'd thaw it, do the garlic guard and zoe additive and try to msuh it up in you fingertips so it doesn't float around whole.

I never liked gel based foods for some reason.

I'm gonna give it a try (hey free is free) and see how it goes. Not overly impressed. I pop a homemade cube in a shot glass :) with some tank water.. wait a few minutes.. stir . dump.. and go on my way...

This seems like waaay too much work

Weeelllllllll , I think not... This is bound to be ground into my next batch.. Holy crap, even the fish just stared at it for awhile.

Capt. thaw it awhile then you can press it against your glass and it should stick and the fish will pick on it.

If it won't blend up in the blender when I make my next batch then it's headed for the trash. bleeech.. Starting to think it wasn't because I was such a great guy that I got the gift..

One more person added to the revenge list.

Ahhhh... c'mon now. I'm *sure* it was because you're a great guy. Next thing you know they'll be giving you a Seaclone skimmer because of your greatness...

I hated those things the one time I bought them. Now I just use Rod's and suplement with nori, cyclop-eze, etc.

Back
Top Bottom