Grouper on Jenny Craig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TriggerHappy

Aquarium Advice Freak
This guy does not seem to want to eat!

He's still small 2-3inches, I've had him for about 3 weeks and seen him eat once, I don't know how he's surviving. I've had groupers before and fed them feeders but don't want to feed this one any fresh water fish. I've tried giving him dried krill, frozen krill, and frozen brine shrimp...he just looks at it. Any advice to get him off this diet?? :roll:

if FW fish is what you've fed your others, is there a particular reason you don't want to feed this one that way?

one option may be fresh fish from your deli, slice it into sliver and offer them to him. You may need to use a feeding wand to dangle it so it looks attractive to him.

freshwater feeder fish are not good for saltwater fish. My grouper eats things that are fairly large, larger then you think they can eat. Try something a little meatier, like chopping up a cocktail shrimp or some smaller lancefish or silversides. Even mysis shrimp would be worth a shot as it is bigger than the brine.

Back
Top Bottom