Has anyone had good results with a carpet anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been looking at them for a while and wondered if anyone has had good results with them.

define "good results"....easy to care for, grew fast, ate a porcupine puffer and lawnmower blenny.

In a tank your size you should be able to get away with one. My buddy has one and it is an eating machine... Hippo tang, crabs, snails, horse shoe crab , other fish ect.... I bet that thing cost him a couple hundred dollars in food.. Food that was not suppose to be food.

Thanks, You two have already made up my mind for me. I will pass. They are pretty though.

I`ve heard they are pretty potent. That`s why I never got one. I`ve got a BTA thats on the journey of a thousand leagues.

I've had pretty good success with mine. It only ate my hawkfish. However, my boss's has eaten 3 Fox Faces and an Urchin. I've kept mine in my 30g for about 7 months now and it has almost doubled in size. But it does eat ALOT. I feed silversides and krill to it bi-weekly.

I'll post a pic later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom