Help with frags and hermits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

formanbob

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some help on a few things,

1st, how do I keep my hermits (or any of my inhabitants) from knocking down my frags.

If you look at the attached photo you will se a frag. I have to pick the frag up more than once a day, HELP…

Attachments

• dsc01437__small_.jpg
    dsc01437__small_.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 74
Also I have a shell the has some of this on it.. the hermits keep trying to use it as a home. What should I do..

Attachments

• dsc01429__small_.jpg
    dsc01429__small_.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 65
I know that some people use epoxy to cement the frags, but you have to be sure of placement before you do that. I don't know what I'll do, since I have several hermits who seem to critical of my current aquascaping.

Plumber's putty was also recommended I don't think it gets as solid as an epoxy so I think you could break off if you needed to. Me? I just keep picking them up. I move them around once a week as it is while I try and figure out what the best spot is for everything so I'm not ready to commit with something that will make it hard to move. You could glue the frags to slightly larger rocks so that they're more stable and less likely to be knocked over. I've done that with quite a few of the smaller frags that I've gotten.

Phyl said:
Plumber's putty was also recommended I don't think it gets as solid as an epoxy so I think you could break off if you needed to. Me? I just keep picking them up. I move them around once a week as it is while I try and figure out what the best spot is for everything so I'm not ready to commit with something that will make it hard to move. You could glue the frags to slightly larger rocks so that they're more stable and less likely to be knocked over. I've done that with quite a few of the smaller frags that I've gotten.

what type of glue did you use?

Gel type crazy glue is what was recommended to me. Worked great. You can buy it in bigger tubes in HD or Lowes, but I don't remember the chemical name of the stuff. The little tubes you buy of the crazy glue in the store are rediculously small.

Gel super glue, you can stil pop it loose and move it later if need be or just glue it to a small piece of lr and problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom